Would you support a national strike for a regional issue

Would you support a national strike for a regional issue

• Total voters

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Nobody cares. It's much cheaper to pay a bunch of people to be on the safety committee and do nothing, instead of actually using that money to fix some other issues.
I don’t know about your building, but those safety committee guys are frauds in my building. Buncha management wannabe rats.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

So drive a POS death trap and have a fan, or nice automatic with no fan. Predicament.

A lot of our automatic's have fans its just the brand new ones. The problem is we are getting a ton of brand new trucks!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

I need to find out if its mileage or age of truck for the warranty.

rod

Retired 22 years
I still have a couple of those fans I dug out of the dumpster that the mechanic was order to throw away before some big time audit years ago. They both work fine. Any offers?

rod

Retired 22 years
Bite your tongue!

I knew I would get a response. I never could figure out why the feeders always had air-conditioning when most of them ran at night and even the ones running during the day had drivers who never worked up a sweat-------unless it was an over eating sweat.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I knew I would get a response. I never could figure out why the feeders always had air-conditioning when most of them ran at night and even the ones running during the day had drivers who never worked up a sweat-------unless it was an over eating sweat.

One of our feeder drivers had shorts on yesterday. When I asked why he said it got cooi in the cab at night.

Box Ox

Cheap pricks. They think it’s funny. It’s not anymore.

Seriously. When it's 100 degrees out and much hotter in the back of the truck, that fan is the one piece of relief you get between stops that keeps you thinking straight, chugging water and putting one foot in front of the other until you're done with the route. :censored2: anybody who thinks it's OK to send out trucks without fans in them in the south.

rod

Retired 22 years
Seriously. When it's 100 degrees out and much hotter in the back of the truck, that fan is the one piece of relief you get between stops that keeps you thinking straight, chugging water and putting one foot in front of the other until you're done with the route. :censored2: anybody who thinks it's OK to send out trucks without fans in them in the south.

I appreciated my fan and in Mn. and it doesn't even get hot ---by southern standards. I will say that just the opposite for the first 20 years a driver would freeze their nads off in the winter because the heaters were crap. When they started putting in two heaters it got better but you still had to let your truck run whenever possible. Have I told you lately how tuff we had it?

Last edited:

Box Ox

Have I told you lately how tuff we had it?

Long long days and heavy heavy weights. Thank you for your service!

I will say that just the opposite for the first 20 years a driver would freeze their nags off in the winter because the heaters were crap.

Makes sense. Where I am, a blown heater during the winter is a much smaller issue. Can maintain sufficient comfort by throwing on all uniform layers (vest/jacket) and continuing to move.