Would you take concessions?

packageguy

Don't play with our medical, or benefits. From what I hear management has a very bad package. Many supervisors wish they had our plan.

Billy Boxtosser

I will NOT take concessions. The company is making money hand over fist. I'd love to see the bonuses the guys who sit upstairs and play with their pencils get....I'm guessing more than I make in a year. That and the fact I see so many supervisors walking around doing nothing. I've never saw so many "wasted paychecks" in my life. BTW, how much does Scott Davis make? Let's see him live on my salary.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I would give up my next two raises to have air conditioning in my package car!!

I would stop making disparaging remarks about UPS for one whole week.....if they would put BACK the dash fans they REMOVED from all the pc's 10 years ago. Yeah, now that was another "save a bundle" brain storm. Remove those costly dash fans and then pay for it in loss of productivity from worker fatigue and heat injuries.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would stop making disparaging remarks about UPS for one whole week.....if they would put BACK the dash fans they REMOVED from all the pc's 10 years ago. Yeah, now that was another "save a bundle" brain storm. Remove those costly dash fans and then pay for it in loss of productivity from worker fatigue and heat injuries.
When it is hot, I move slower. The less ventilation, the slower I move. It is called being a human being. Deal with it UPS.

raceanoncr

Don't know if it's been covered yet in this thread but one thing that's bothered me for many years and which I see being brought to the table is: Option week or Option days.

Now, I don't want to get into a big argument as to whether it's right or wrong but I see the company wanting to take these away. Why? Because so many want to just sell it back and keep working. It's been true here for many years. I did it once myself when it first started until later in the year when I was all out of vacation and wanted more time off.

In some parts of the country, you've got drivers that can and will work thru their vacation. I, personally, don't see why but I see the company viewing this as, maybe, not so important so them. That is, maybe we don't want so many days off, huh?

Again, don't dis me cuz you prefer this. I'm just viewing it from a company persective. You don't want the time off...we'll make it so you DON'T get the time off.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Don't know if it's been covered yet in this thread but one thing that's bothered me for many years and which I see being brought to the table is: Option week or Option days.

Now, I don't want to get into a big argument as to whether it's right or wrong but I see the company wanting to take these away. Why? Because so many want to just sell it back and keep working. It's been true here for many years. I did it once myself when it first started until later in the year when I was all out of vacation and wanted more time off.

In some parts of the country, you've got drivers that can and will work thru their vacation. I, personally, don't see why but I see the company viewing this as, maybe, not so important so them. That is, maybe we don't want so many days off, huh?

Again, don't dis me cuz you prefer this. I'm just viewing it from a company persective. You don't want the time off...we'll make it so you DON'T get the time off.

People that choose to work the optional week get the extra week of pay. If you didn't get paid out then I could see it as an issue.

raceanoncr

People that choose to work the optional week get the extra week of pay. If you didn't get paid out then I could see it as an issue.

That's exactly what I'm saying. How many times or how long do you see the company doling out "EXTRA" pay? It goes against their nature.

Overpaid Union Thug

I would be in favor of a full-time pay freeze (minus COLA raises) if it would help our rates stay competitive. Yes, UPS is raking in record profits but lately I can't help but think that was only possible because of all of the layoffs, route cutting we've seen since 2008. We need our rates to be lower because management has sacrificed customer service to satisfy an unreasonable metric on a spreadsheet. We may no longer rely on superior customer service to stay on top. The more foolish metrics management adopts the more customers we lose.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's exactly what I'm saying. How many times or how long do you see the company doling out "EXTRA" pay? It goes against their nature.

We don't have option weeks here but we used to be able to work our vacations if staffing permitted. We have not been able to do this for the last five years. My on-car told me that they finally figured out that they were paying people twice.

Overpaid Union Thug

We don't have option weeks here but we used to be able to work our vacations if staffing permitted. We have not been able to do this for the last five years. My on-car told me that they finally figured out that they were paying people twice.
Working during a vacation is a contract violation here unless they opt out of their option week or sell back a vacation. But of course some of our guys think they only have to follow the articles of the contract that they like.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

If you work your vacation they pay you twice. If you take off and someone is hired to cover your route he gets paid also. Either way 2 people get paid when we take vacation.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you work your vacation they pay you twice. If you take off and someone is hired to cover your route he gets paid also. Either way 2 people get paid when we take vacation.

And if a driver works their vacation week, no benefits are paid by the company for an extra person.

Overpaid Union Thug

Two major issues here:1) UPS does hire people to cover vacations. When a driver works during their vacation that can, and does, result in there being one more "extra drivers" in a center. Especially those days when routes are cut. 2) Picking vacations. Those weeks that a driver picks but then works in could have been taken by another driver that actually wanted to take a vacation that week. Thats a biggie during prime vacation months like summer time. In either case the drivers that are SUPPOSED to be on vacation should be sent home. In the Southern Region we are supposed to opt out of our option week or sell back a vacation in order to work instead of taking off. In either case a valuable vacation week isn't waisted on a driver that will work.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Learned something new today ... glad I got that out of the way.

off topic but can you change your avatar pic....I was thinking of the one with you and scratch with your ups gear on would be nice....whatcha think of a change??? Or maybe one with you scratch and his cute dog wearing a ups uniform....even better!

satellitedriver

Twice?
This is the logic of the ignorant.- (the on car sup)-
The vacation pay-(per contract)- was earned in the previous year, so actually they are paying you with monies they have held back and made interest upon.
I could "sell" all my 6 vacation weeks in January, and by this "finally figured out" logic
, they are paying me 7 times for one week.
Got to love the logistics.:devil3:

themidnightoil

UPS does not mind people working over their vacations because the benefits are already paid for that driver and if the driver took the time off, another driver would get paid to cover that driver's route with benies too. One way or another someone is getting paid for that week. I try not to use my option days so I can get paid those in November.