Write ups

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So should he come in as directed and sheet the remaining packages as missed or should he stay out and wait to get his butt reamed in the morning?

If he was instructed to be in by a certain time and to also not have any missed packages, then he should deliver everything and get in when he gets in. As long as his pick up pieces make the sort.

File on any warning letter given for not coming in when instructed.

Kounter Klockwize

Our building has been sending out messages saying we are to be in at a certain time and if we fail to make that time we are being progressive discipline for not going by this time no matter the response we are giving. Is there anyone else out there having this same issue. And if so what do we file against as a unjust suspension or whatever we get for discipline?
No, our center has not done that and the discipline will never hold water. Your center manager and on road sups are getting there as%'s handed to them for way to much over allowed. Work safe give 100% and don't worry about it. If called into the office make sure you have your ss or ba in the office. 952

El Correcto

god is dead
You'll get warning letters. I can't even fart without getting one. Then they'll bump it up to intent to suspend, never suspend you then bump it up to intent to terminate. They'll violate your Wagner rights and try to get you to quit. Your mantra should be "I need a steward". Just work first file later.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You'll get warning letters. I can't even fart without getting one. Then they'll bump it up to intent to suspend, never suspend you then bump it up to intent to terminate. They'll violate your Wagner rights and try to get you to quit. Your mantra should be "I need a steward". Just work first file later.
Are Wagner rights
anything like Weingarten rights
Just wondering

ManInBrown

Our building has been sending out messages saying we are to be in at a certain time and if we fail to make that time we are being progressive discipline for not going by this time no matter the response we are giving. Is there anyone else out there having this same issue. And if so what do we file against as a unjust suspension or whatever we get for discipline?
I would respond with the following if sent that message.

"Cool story"

clean hairy

If he was instructed to be in by a certain time and to also not have any missed packages, then he should deliver everything and get in when he gets in. As long as his pick up pieces make the sort.

File on any warning letter given for not coming in when instructed.
If an Employee responded to that message with "OK" , would that not be an extra contract agreement which is not enforceable and is null and void per the Contract?
After all, it would be an agreement regarding production which is not recognized by the Teamsters.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If an Employee responded to that message with "OK" , would that not be an extra contract agreement which is not enforceable and is null and void per the Contract?
After all, it would be an agreement regarding production which is not recognized by the Teamsters.

Nope. We are work as instructed. If a message came over the DIAD to be in by a certain time, we are instructed to be in by that time or face discipline for failing to work as instucted, per the CBA.

If I was told to be in by a certain time, I would be in by that time, or expect to possibly receive a warning letter for failing to follow instructions, and sheet any packages brought back as missed.

If I was told to be in by a certain time and have no missed packages, I would reply that their request is not possible and ask for clarification on which of the two they want to happen.

If they don't reply back, I would make service on all packages and be in when I got in and grieve any warning letter given for not coming in when instructed.

The warning letter will be thrown out.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

"I'm doing the best I can, in the safest manner possible."

End of story.

Nope. We are work as instructed. If a message came over the DIAD to be in by a certain time, we are instructed to be in by that time or face discipline for failing to work as instucted, per the CBA.

If I was told to be in by a certain time, I would be in by that time, or expect to possibly receive a warning letter for failing to follow instructions, and sheet any packages brought back as missed.

If I was told to be in by a certain time and have no missed packages, I would reply that their request is not possible and ask for clarification on which of the two they want to happen.

If they don't reply back, I would make service on all packages and be in when I got in and grieve any warning letter given for not coming in when instructed.

Unless UPS is paying your phone bill....

Never discuss any "work related" issues on your personal phone.

If you are receiving "work instructions" via the Diad;

Ask for clarification.

And, take a pic of the conversation.

CYA.

The company has your back.

Right ??

-Bug-

Brown Spider

Pretty simple...the "request is not possible". I'd also consider responding as Ronald Raegan did to House Speaker Tip O'Neill when they were close to an agreement on a piece of legislation and Tip pushed for a little bit more. Raegan responded "Tip, I can crap you a grape...but I can't crap you a watermelon." Not a big Raegan fan, but I loved the quote!