Yeah, this is gonna fly!

tourists24

for all the grief and headaches i caused my management when i was an hourly, i always made sure to remember my DOK perfectly. even the dumbest person can get it down within a year or two, guys who have been around for decades and don't know it either have a serious learning disability, or just want to be confrontational *******s about it

i can be a huge pain in the ass over things i disagree on, but the DOK? really?
I know a lot of drivers that have serious learning disabilities then

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We had a driver get asked the DOK's 2 months before he was done, he said he didntn know a single one, failed the whole building. It was his retirement present to UPS and the center manager

This gives me a goal before I retire this spring.:surprised:

Re-Raise

for all the grief and headaches i caused my management when i was an hourly, i always made sure to remember my DOK perfectly. even the dumbest person can get it down within a year or two, guys who have been around for decades and don't know it either have a serious learning disability, or just want to be confrontational *******s about it

The first sign of a serious learning disability is accepting a part-time supervisor position

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I agree with this; however, Steve has to work in this center, so it might be a good idea for Steve to learn the material.
I know it mostly, but have trouble reciting it when ambushed at start time, while thinking about life, the route, the noise of pkg cars leaving the building and people moving about. You want me to take a test? Sit me in a quiet room and don't make it so I'm thinking about the pkgs I'm NOT delivering, at that moment.

maybe he has learned it.... yet cant regurgitate it on demand....
I'm 80%

Really!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
The first sign of a serious learning disability is accepting a part-time supervisor position

1334427364311.jpg
1334427364311.jpg

DS

Fenderbender
Dear Stephen...wtf?
What is this,a wedding invitation?
Did anyone proof read this?
They "hope" that this letter will be sufficient reason
for you to memorize the drivel?
Up to and including dismissal?,Or a law suit if they really fire you.
(having people memorize this crap word for word is worse than scientology)
Leave 1 arms length from your center manager when he questions your integrity.
Count one two three before punching your sup in the face (left right left)repeatedly.
How do you do it? Stay back and see it all.
Leave yourself an out.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Instead of getting angry at your center manager over the warning letter...try feeling sorry for him. Hes nothing but a scared little man trying to spew out enough warning letters to meet his his quota and justify his job. What a miserable way to "earn" a living. At least you can take quiet pride in the fact that the work youdo actually matters.

They tried DOK here and it failed. Now they use "demonstrate working knowledge" and we have the highest numbers in our region. You can talk the talk or walk the walk.