Yeah, this is gonna fly!

QKRSTKR

They sent this one at 1:33 pm
IMG_20130228_151504_zpsbcd59795.jpg
Is that French or Spanish?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Is that French or Spanish?

Its British. Sorta like English, only funny sounding and with a few words (centre vs center) that are spelled differently. Canadian is pretty much a cross between British and English, with a bit of French thrown in to make it interesting.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Its British. Sorta like English, only funny sounding and with a few words (centre vs center) that are spelled differently. Canadian is pretty much a cross between British and English, with a bit of French thrown in to make it interesting.

Ehh?

smj8970

I used to do just that.

It used to be that the "testing" was done by members of the "safety committee" and they would pull you aside after the PCM and make you recite the DOK, the keys to lifting/lowering etc. etc. They would get pissed off big time when I pulled out the little laminated card and just started reading the stuff back to them verbatim. I had one guy actually order me to hand the card over so that I could be tested "properly". I took the opportunity to remind him (in a rather impolite way) that this wasnt junior high school, he wasnt still the Hall Monitor, and if he wanted to badly to be the boss man he should put his letter in for management instead of pretending to have some sort of authority as a "safety committee" member. He stomped away in a huff and has never spoken to me again, and since that time I havent been bothered about the DOK either.

In our center the safety Dweebs still "test" us and also do such things as observations on us. Unreal. Hourly union employee dweebs trying to get other union people in trouble. The part time safety dweeb gave me a test today to take, I just toss it out. I so far will not take a test for other union people. I have 3 more years till I retire and don't plan to start.
So in a day or two a full time sup will come to me with the test....and I will be happy to take it. I can't understand the other people who do let other union people test them. Or who sign a safety observation that the driver on the safety team does on them, unreal.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It used to be that the "testing" was done by members of the "safety committee" and they would pull you aside after the PCM and make you recite the DOK, the keys to lifting/lowering etc. etc. They would get pissed off big time when I pulled out the little laminated card and just started reading the stuff back to them verbatim. I had one guy actually order me to hand the card over so that I could be tested "properly". I took the opportunity to remind him (in a rather impolite way) that this wasnt junior high school, he wasnt still the Hall Monitor, and if he wanted to badly to be the boss man he should put his letter in for management instead of pretending to have some sort of authority as a "safety committee" member. He stomped away in a huff and has never spoken to me again, and since that time I havent been bothered about the DOK either.

You have and iPhone. Do what I did. Take ten minutes someday, open Notes and type in whatever you need to remind you of all the crap they want to hear.

Believe me, the safety wonks go crazy when I have to recite it and I pull my phone out of my pocket.