Yeah, this is gonna fly!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

even michael jordan didn't make every shot.

...or hit every fastball...

We had a driver who recently received two warning letters. The first was for failure to work as directed. He had a misload for an area that he had delivered earlier that day which he would not be going anywhere near on his way back to the center. He was directed to run off the misload and decided not to. The second was for excessive back first exceptions. Our center posted a list of cumulative BFE's for the week and he was the top by a wide margin. He has grieved both but has yet to hear whether they will stick or be stricken from his record.

stink219

The funny thing is if Tears were in my building and treated me with respect as a driver I would do my best to help him out. But if he wants to play little Napoleon then I'm more than happy to run him through the meat grinder. He isn't the first sup I've encountered and won't be my last. If I see anything I haven't seen before ill hit it with a stick.

and see, that's where you're totally wrong dude

where have i acted like Napoleon here? i've stated an OMS is a PT supe, which is a fact, i've stated that refusing to follow an OMS instruction can lead to discipline up to termination, which is a fact.
if you bother to read any of my other posts, you'll see that i'm giving my OPINION on the matters at hand.
what does ANY of that have to do with what i've ever done as a PT supe?

View attachment 8465
Once you think you know it all (too late) come to my center. There it will depend on your attitude if I allow you to quit, pray for a transfer or hope you get demoted back to part time.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Scan1.jpg

Mr. Vader does not approve of this author's writing style.

uuSzl7Z.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What I do not understand is how drivers have the authority to wiggle their P/U windows (which I have been involved with previously), yet can be disciplined if not within +/- 15 minutes of said window. How can we be disciplined for a set of rules/guidelines which are often messed up to the point, where the driver is digging his/her own grave?

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
well you could say the same about the on-cars too then, because no supe but a center manager can technically do anything to you, but to equate that as being completely powerless either is totally insane

if a "because i say" comes from a supe (regardless of their place or lack thereof in the chain of command), and it's critical to the daily operation of a center, you're crazy to ignore it

You know, if you didn't assume respect...rather, you actually GAINED it, then you wouldn't have to worry much about people not listening to you....

Everyone understands how authority works. And while 'respect' isn't part of some method sheet that we require them to recite, or part of some rule book, it greatly benefits your personal ability to get anything done if you actually EARN it. Assumed respect only goes so far. And what I mean by, 'so far' is that they respect the fact that if they punch you in the face, it will hurt their paycheck. Earned respect will make your life as a supervisor SOOOOO much easier. I was a PT sup at 19, and I figured this out by the time I was 20. You are either really new, or really young.....both?

If you don't know how to earn it, you might as well give up any hopes of your 'commands' ever being productive....

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You know, if you didn't assume respect...rather, you actually GAINED it, then you wouldn't have to worry much about people not listening to you....

Everyone understands how authority works. And while 'respect' isn't part of some method sheet that we require them to recite, or part of some rule book, it greatly benefits your personal ability to get anything done if you actually EARN it. Assumed respect only goes so far. And what I mean by, 'so far' is that they respect the fact that if they punch you in the face, it will hurt their paycheck. Earned respect will make your life as a supervisor SOOOOO much easier. I was a PT sup at 19, and I figured this out by the time I was 20. You are either really new, or really young.....both?

If you don't know how to earn it, you might as well give up any hopes of your 'commands' ever being productive....

if you take the time to read through the thread, you'll see none of this discussion had anything to do with any real life examples

they were just trying to say they could somehow be instructed by an OMS, who apparently is not a supervisor despite the pay code, and then magically be immune from any and all discipline

sometimes i just dont get the circlejerk that goes on here from drivers thinking all managers are terrible, hate their jobs, and are universally hated by the drivers. is the rest of the country really that bad?? cuz NONE of that is true in my building, outside of preload that is....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We have a Tears in our center, and that's all i have to say about THAT!

I've file the grievance on the first warning letter, but mysteriously, was not served the second. I have since fixed the times for the pu's in the board and haven't heard anything else. They are currently schooling me on the DOK and trying to get me to 100%.

stubborn.gif

DS

Fenderbender
I have no idea how many on calls I'll get,or if this is actually possible.
I just click accept and move on.Micromanage this buddy.

DiadTribe

"Maintenance of Standards". Huge violation. File! File! File!
But you have to admit. Getting paid $50 an hour to fill these things out is pretty sweet!

QKRSTKR

UpstateNYUPSer; The second was for excessive back first exceptions. Our center posted a list of cumulative BFE's for the week and he was the top by a wide margin. He has grieved both but has yet to hear whether they will stick or be stricken from his record.[/QUOTE said:
They are not allowed to post that crap here with employee names. That's harassment. They use to do a top 5 list here. Top seatbelts, bulk door, backs, record while idle and recording while travel. Not anymore.