Yeah, this is gonna fly!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Well, lets just say you picked the picture of the right president because you're as about as affective when it comes to driver discipline.

swing aaaaannnndddd miss

nice try though, good effort kid

1354436639552.jpg
1354436639552.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
TIR, I have a hard enough time taking directions from a center manager or an oncar that never walked the walk, let alone a clerk that doesn't have a clue.

That said, we have four OMS clerks in our center. Two have been here longer than me, and the other two damn near as long. They ask me if I will do something, and if I am able to (or in a good enough mood), I will do it.

Of course, over the years, I've covered their butts enough times that the scales are leaning heavily in my favor.

99% of proper management is never having to tell someone to do anything.

the whole idea behind instructing anyone is that by the time you've dropped that word, there is really no hope of that employee actually doing their job, you're simply building a grammatically rock-solid case for their termination

Sonny, if you quote me, you darned well better use the whole quote, and not just the little parts you want to advance your argument.

Oh yeah, drop the silly-a** "wat" pictures and internet jargon if you want to be taken seriously.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Sonny, if you quote me, you darned well better use the whole quote, and not just the little parts you want to advance your argument.

Oh yeah, drop the silly-a** "wat" pictures and internet jargon if you want to be taken seriously.

the rest of your quote was just meaningless fluff to the discussion at hand, put it in your sig if you want to relive it forever

edit: oh and..

1353853408512.jpg
1353853408512.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The letter is real, as is this one. Times must be tough for the managerial sect.
We have now been instructed that our pick up compliance must within 14 minutes of scheduled time. They even want me to pick up my authorized early pickups within that time frame. So it is written, so it will be done. They have added about 30 miles to my day and miles are money.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have now been instructed that our pick up compliance must within 14 minutes of scheduled time. They even want me to pick up my authorized early pickups within that time frame. So it is written, so it will be done. They have added about 30 miles to my day and miles are money.

I have a rural route, with high miles and mostly on-route pickups.

It would be physically impossible to cover every one of my pickups within 15 minutes of their scheduled time. My center manager and I sat down and discussed the issue, we tweaked around the scheduled times a little bit, and she told me to use "common sense" and make the best effort I could to comply. I can generally get about 7 or 8 out of 11 within the 15 minute time frame, some days better some days worse.

I am lucky at the present time to have a center manager who believes in "common sense". Unfortunately this is UPS, so I could show up tomorrow and find that she has been transferred/demoted/promoted/fired/whatever, and replaced with an idiot who will demand 100% even though it is impossible. Oh well.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My pickups are all in the same area BUT, each day is different. I have asked for the pick up log to be printed so I can fix this and have yet to receive one. I WILL NOT do their job for them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My pickups are all in the same area BUT, each day is different. I have asked for the pick up log to be printed so I can fix this and have yet to receive one. I WILL NOT do their job for them.

It's easier to tell you to put the effort into fixing it. By asking them to print the log and sit down and change the pickup times, they have to give some effort. Suddenly it's not so easy.