years of service gifts?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They announced today that the catalog gifts are suspended.

Believe it or not, they also discontinued giving out the turkey's as well.

P-Man

I wonder if this includes Safe Driving Awards and Circle of Honor too? I got twenty years safe driving last Christmas Eve, but somebody has my date wrong. I have always thought it would be a great honor to make it to twenty five years without an accident.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I wonder if this includes Safe Driving Awards and Circle of Honor too? I got twenty years safe driving last Christmas Eve, but somebody has my date wrong. I have always thought it would be a great honor to make it to twenty five years without an accident.

They did stop putting the Circle of Honor in The USA Today. That full page spread had to cost a few bucks.

UPS Lifer

I delivered something recognizable to our local Flying J recently, it was a michael c fina award box just like ours. Said somebody's getting a prize and asked if they get the same cheap stuff we do, guess what after only 3 years on the job they can pick the mountain bike, one guy had gotten guns and a gun cabinet etc. UPS is cheap?

Maybe this is why UPS is getting rid of the awards. Some of you don't appreciate them anyway.

How many employees does the local Flying J employee? How long do they retain employees? This may be a way to incentivize their retention.

UPS has around 400,000 plus employees give or take a few thousand.

So a $15 gift certificate for a turkey once a year would be $6.5 MILLION.
A cheap $100 mountain bike (and I mean cheap!) would be $20 MILLION.

I am assuming 200,000 employees have worked at UPS for 3 years or more.

Use your friggin head! You sound like CEO material for GM!

oper8tor

Goodwill goes along way towards troop morale.
Maybe I was raised wrong, but going to work was never about goodwill or morale. It was an opportunity for me to work, be it physical or mental, and in turn I will be paid money for it.
If i wanted goodwill I was able to go to church and I was able to have all the goodwill I could want...

UPSERNOJ

As Pretzel Man mentioned, I just heard the same. UPS is cutting the service award gifts as well as the Turkey/Turkey coupons going forward. I believe we still may get the service award plaque. Not 100% sure.

LVD*4*LIFE

I have been at UPS for 15 years come July 29th and I have NEVER received a service award of any kind. I have seen other people receive service awards for as litle as 3 years but I still have yet to receive anything.

Me too. I will have 15 years come June. I received a plaque for 10 years. Nothing before that.
I figure just leaving me alone to do my job is reward enough after 15 years of part time service! Oh, and the extra week of vacation is nice.

LVD*4*LIFE

Maybe they got nervous from all the Postal Service incidents. After all, you can't be too cautious.:biting:
That's funny! I just assumed we never heard about people "going postal" at UPS because we are just too tired after our job is done from the long hours & physical demands from hauling, lifting, pushing, etc..

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Got a plaque for 20 years. Have never taken it out of the box. Buried in a closet somewhere.

LMAO. Back when I got my 20 year plaque, it was molded plastic with glued on letter for my name, my name was spelled wrong and the letters were glued on crooked. I pointed it out to my center manager, and to his credit, he offered to fix it. I said no thanks and tossed it in the trash.

Let the flaming begin.:devil3: