You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
From the More Stupid Stuff annals..... Found out that two of our pm managers have been desperately running around in the evening to make service on pups, because of the 10-hour rule. Couriers are running out of hours. Lol.

TeamLift

All cellphone conversations while driving are verboten. It doesn't matter whether it's hand-held or a Bluetooth. Both are a no-no.

FedEx told us the same thing in HD, then during a safety meeting with a highway patrol, he said go ahead and use the phones as much as we like in sprinter vans, just the guys in ground trucks can't without hands free. I always see UPS with a cell phone in their hand regardless.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And I raise you BS.

I saw and still see drivers on their phones every day. Things must be better in the BOG.

It is better but we still have drivers who insist upon doing it.

I took exception to his blanket statement that we all do it, which is just not the case.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
FedEx told us the same thing in HD, then during a safety meeting with a highway patrol, he said go ahead and use the phones as much as we like in sprinter vans, just the guys in ground trucks can't without hands free. I always see UPS with a cell phone in their hand regardless.

It is better but we still have drivers who insist upon doing it.

I took exception to his blanket statement that we all do it, which is just not the case.

I don't believe TeamLift said that every UPS driver does it. He said, to the effect, that he always sees UPS drivers doing it.

So did and so do I. I used to watch safety committee members leaving the building yakking on their phones moments after we were told not to. I watched a DM leaving the building on his phone moments after telling us it was a dischargeable offense.

It's real simple: hang up and freaking drive.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I went to work today and one of my coworkers was wearing faded jeans. I asked her where her uniform pants were. She said, "I only have one pair of pants and I have to go to my other job after I leave here". Wut????? Apparently, we were desperate for bodies today and two managers watched her go on the road like that.

You're right, @bbsam, WAGN.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of our seasonal drivers has a mohawk. He is clean shaven and otherwise within the appearance guidelines. He is covering for the mall driver who blew his knee out a couple of weeks ago and will most likely miss Peak.

Purplepackage

I went to work today and one of my coworkers was wearing faded jeans. I asked her where her uniform pants were. She said, "I only have one pair of pants and I have to go to my other job after I leave here". Wut????? Apparently, we were desperate for bodies today and two managers watched her go on the road like that.

You're right, @bbsam, WAGN.

Yeah but who's fault is it that she only has 1 pair of pants, most likely fedex since you apparently can't order uniforms anymore

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With his Mohawk he will blend right in with everyone else who works at the mall

He is a big country boy----strong as an ox.

When I first saw him at the PCM he was wearing a hat so it wasn't as bad but when I went to make the mall drop box pickup he was there with the on-car and did not have his hat on.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Here's one:

After 12.5 years of PT work on the preload, I was at my 2nd job one afternoon (full time job), when I get a phone call from ups management. They tell me I need to be in another state at 0800 the following morning ready for driver training class, and they don't know when the next class will be. Really?

I suppose 12.5 years of lead time just wasn't long enough to give me timely notice.

I made that class, and the rest is history.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
FedEx did a software download in powerpads this weekend causing them to load the station manifests REEEALLY slow. Have any of you been able to sign into Dispatch this morning?

whenIgetthere

FedEx did a software download in powerpads this weekend causing them to load the station manifests REEEALLY slow. Have any of you been able to sign into Dispatch this morning?

Our station is in a dead zone, so we have problems everyday. My first stop is within five minutes of the station, usually have to make the stop and then sign on to dispatch once I get further away from the station.

dezguy

Half my day dispatch was in and out. Seemed like every 15 minutes I'd be in no ack, have it come back 30 minutes later only to be back in no ack shortly after.

Purplepackage

Couldn't sign into dispatch until noon. But none of my pups showed up until 1:30 when all of a sudden I had 20 pups. What a day

Status
Not open for further replies.