You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I noticed texts back from disp. were slow.
I also think that sometimes you have to enter a first initial when typing in the last name of who signed. Or, you cannot press "go".

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If your last name is Mossberg, I usually just hit the letter M twice and now your first initial is M and last name Mossberg.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I suppose Fred got these software updates from Big Lots or something?
We're getting a substantial discount on them from a nearby technical school. We get frequent updates, they help pay their first year students tuition. Win/win.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
SM at my station put out his monthly communication yesterday saying that poor attendance and punctuality is effecting our station operations and "there will be increased focus going forward". Bunch of call outs today. LMAO! Love it!

outtatime

SM at my station put out his monthly communication yesterday saying that poor attendance and punctuality is effecting our station operations and "there will be increased focus going forward". Bunch of call outs today. LMAO! Love it!

Yeah I love it when a SM tries to put his/her foot down on some topic and the employees just kick 'em in the nuts instead.

El Morado Diablo

Our SM had to have a special meeting to cover policy on this during the summer. Our staffing is higher than it's ever been at our location but they haven't made any adjustments to the number of people who can be off at any given time. We have people right now who have been waiting 3+ weeks for a response to personal day requests they've submitted. You can guarantee they will call in sick if management fails to address their requests in time.

outtatime

I love it when a SM responds with paper.
Except it's usually empty scare tactics that the employees see right through. It just causes everyone to lose respect for all the managers. The name of the goal is right in your job title, to MANAGE. If you think the only way to be a leader and get the best possible productivity out of people is by fear and threats then you have no business being in that position. But that's the type of people FedEx keeps giving the job to. The current Op's manager and SM are simply "yes men" who really have no say in how they run their operation or manage the employees. They simply pass along the want's of the DM and MEM.

Why do they have to try and re-invent the wheel every week with their silly goals and reports? You're not hitting your RTB times, the OT hours are too much this week, your GAP report looks like crap etc. It's the same exact job it was the first night in business 40 years ago, pick up package from one location and take it to another location. But management has to make it so difficult and painful to do this.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Except it's usually empty scare tactics that the employees see right through. It just causes everyone to lose respect for all the managers. The name of the goal is right in your job title, to MANAGE. If you think the only way to be a leader and get the best possible productivity out of people is by fear and threats then you have no business being in that position. But that's the type of people FedEx keeps giving the job to. The current Op's manager and SM are simply "yes men" who really have no say in how they run their operation or manage the employees. They simply pass along the want's of the DM and MEM.

Why do they have to try and re-invent the wheel every week with their silly goals and reports? You're not hitting your RTB times, the OT hours are too much this week, your GAP report looks like crap etc. It's the same exact job it was the first night in business 40 years ago, pick up package from one location and take it to another location. But management has to make it so difficult and painful to do this.
:bpotd:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

One particular manager I knew (and didn't care for) made ONE statement that I totally agreed with. "FedEx has taken the simple process of getting a package from shipper to its destination , and made it into a ungodly complicated mess". ANY first year industrial engineer will tell you the BEST way to improve productivity is to SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY !!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

The primary job of FedEx management USED to be to assist us in doing our job better and as safely as possible. Now, it's to babysit us and make it more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.