You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

outtatime

One particular manager I knew (and didn't care for) made ONE statement that I totally agreed with. "FedEx has taken the simple process of getting a package from shipper to its destination , and made it into a ungodly complicated mess". ANY first year industrial engineer will tell you the BEST way to improve productivity is to SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY, SIMPLIFY !!
Exactly. It's the same exact process it was from day one, just on a grander scale. For some reason they think that you should be able to hit all of your "numbers" every single day. They do not take into account the human aspect of it, nor the size of the packages, nor the traffic or weather, nor cannot find someone to sign at an open business.

Here's what needs to succeed
- Put enough routes out everyday, M-SA
- Set route boundaries, like before
- Get the friggen freight there ON TIME (where have I seen that?)
- Decent pay with decent raises
- Reward the good/productive employees
- Get rid of the slackers
- LEAVE ME ALONE, and let me do my job

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Except it's usually empty scare tactics that the employees see right through. It just causes everyone to lose respect for all the managers.

That's exactly right. That's why I love it when they actually respond with paper. A manager shouldn't be making many threats, if any, but if he says he's going to do something in a certain situation, he should do it. Ditto for responding in kind when employees attempt to show him up. No manager, no matter how good or bad, should allow that to go unaddressed.

The current Op's manager and SM are simply "yes men" who really have no say in how they run their operation or manage the employees. They simply pass along the want's of the DM and MEM.

Hmph. Interesting hypothesis.

Why do they have to try and re-invent the wheel every week with their silly goals and reports? You're not hitting your RTB times, the OT hours are too much this week, your GAP report looks like crap etc. It's the same exact job it was the first night in business 40 years ago, pick up package from one location and take it to another location. But management has to make it so difficult and painful to do this.

Do you know what happens when managers don't care about RTB times, OT hours, and onroad hours? They go through the roof.

It will be fine

Then why do you insist on hanging around here?

That's because Memphis has sent you here to muddy the waters and spread the IamFedEx type of propaganda.
Have you guys ever actually read real corporate PR? It doesn't sound like Dano. This constant call that he and others are sent from Memphis to slow the overwhelming rebellion going on on BC is so stupid. It really makes any legit point you guys make less valuable. You sound like children.

59 Dano

Seems like these are the reports your always harping about that don't exist??

Seems like it, but you can't falsify them and look good, which is why they sound so stupid when they suggest that it's widespread.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Have you guys ever actually read real corporate PR? It doesn't sound like Dano. This constant call that he and others are sent from Memphis to slow the overwhelming rebellion going on on BC is so stupid. It really makes any legit point you guys make less valuable. You sound like children.
Sounds like your having a rough night posting from mom's basement but yet you keep showing up here. Myself and others are entitled to our opinions and while you are more than happy to make angels in the PR manure then by all means go ahead but Dano is not doubt a shill and who knows maybe you are too.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Time for more stuff you can't make up....

We got a broadcast yesterday telling us that mgmt was going to be doing truck audits this morning. Meaning, gas your trucks, supply truck, yada, yada, yada.

Today we got a broadcast telling us that bags with supplies in them had been put in all trucks, But don't touch them! Someone asked a mgr what the purpose of the bags were.... To pass the audit. Wuuuttt???? Lol.
image.jpg

Last edited:

outtatime

We got a broadcast yesterday telling us that mgmt was going to be doing truck audits this morning. Meaning, gas your trucks, supply truck, yada, yada, yada.

Today we got a broadcast telling us that bags with supplies in them had been put in all trucks, But don't touch them! Someone asked a mgr what the purpose of the bags were.... To pass the audit. Wuuuttt???? Lol.View attachment 59198
I've seen this exact same thing except they've used a Large FedEx box with all the supplies in there. Also instructed to not use them.

outtatime

That's exactly right. That's why I love it when they actually respond with paper. A manager shouldn't be making many threats, if any, but if he says he's going to do something in a certain situation, he should do it. Ditto for responding in kind when employees attempt to show him up. No manager, no matter how good or bad, should allow that to go unaddressed.

Hmph. Interesting hypothesis.

Do you know what happens when managers don't care about RTB times, OT hours, and onroad hours? They go through the roof.

A good manager who knows his stuff, follows through on a promise and is well respected is not easy to come by. The rest resort to the empty threats and lose any lasting respect. The latter is what I have typically come across. My biggest gripe about all the reports is they pick one of them and that's the focus for the week. Then it's a completely different topic the next week and the previous one doesn't matter. And all you hear is the negative aspect of everything in the pre-work meetings, how bad we are doing in this or that. Rarely do you hear anything positive. It's very demoralizing to everyone and makes you feel like nothing is good enough.

Nolimitz

Today we got a broadcast telling us that bags with supplies in them had been put in all trucks, But don't touch them! Someone asked a mgr what the purpose of the bags were.... To pass the audit. Wuuuttt???? Lol.View attachment 59198
We've had those bags for nearly 6 months now. Was told they were for emergencies only and if opened we must notify mgr. to replace items....
WTF. Waste of space on a shelf

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We've had those bags for nearly 6 months now. Was told they were for emergencies only and if opened we must notify mgr. to replace items....
WTF. Waste of space on a shelf

They've done it before. Yesterday, when I went to the back of the warehouse to get OL's for my truck, I found a mound of the old bags sitting on a supply shelf. Lol.

whenIgetthere

Damn, are you at my station? Same thing here the other day.

59 Dano

Today we got a broadcast telling us that bags with supplies in them had been put in all trucks, But don't touch them! Someone asked a mgr what the purpose of the bags were.... To pass the audit. Wuuuttt???? Lol.

The audits need to be completely revamped. Too much crap on them that serves no practical purpose.
When Fred dies and I take over, I will have one primary rule for whether or not something makes the audit or not. If it causes a bigger audit issue than it does a real-world issue, it comes off the audit.

Status
Not open for further replies.