You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithBarney

I noticed texts back from disp. were slow.
I also think that sometimes you have to enter a first initial when typing in the last name of who signed. Or, you cannot press "go".
Never knew this was even an option... for me it's either M.(MAN) Smith or W.(WOMAN) Smith

dex 84

The Audit bags don't surprise me at all. I've seen the equivalent of that at every company I've worked for. One of the biggest wastes of time and money is that the company defines indicators of success and then it becomes more important to fulfill the company defined indicators of success than it is to actually be successful.

Express Courier

Never knew this was even an option... for me it's either M.(MAN) Smith or W.(WOMAN) Smith
I pretty much do that too. But, I once saw a manager looking at a piece of paper that had an image of the signature screen. With some scribble. Basically one of my co-workers was in trouble and the manager was saying something was falsified.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I just found out that my station management, in order to slash more hours, will only be working one CSA on Saturdays as opposed to the usual three.

Now if our company was in trouble I could understand the necessity of making such drastic cuts. We all know though that it's all because Fredddie promised the shareholders he would double profits by next year.

So what if the customers are lined up out the door and down the sidewalk. Customer service be damned. The new FedEx. Sighhhh.

Purplepackage

I just found out that my station management, in order to slash more hours, will only be working one CSA on Saturdays as opposed to the usual three.

Now if our company was in trouble I could understand the necessity of making such drastic cuts. We all know though that it's all because Fredddie promised the shareholders he would double profits by next year.

So what if the customers are lined up out the door and down the sidewalk. Customer service be damned. The new FedEx. Sighhhh.

Same thing every year, 3 weeks before peak they want to slash hours and work as little people as possible. Then all of a sudden it's November 28th and all bets are out the window and everyone is one big "team" who can work as many hours as possible

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Same thing every year, 3 weeks before peak they want to slash hours and work as little people as possible. Then all of a sudden it's November 28th and all bets are out the window and everyone is one big "team" who can work as many hours as possible

OMG! I'm so sick of them calling us "Team"!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Just curious -- what's the outbound volume that comes over the counter on Saturday compared to 6 months and/or a year ago?

Big J

That would be great not to go over 10 hrs! We have satellite drivers that everyday go over 10 hrs. They won't get on the 9.5 list because they don't want to talk to our management. What happens when it's the Christmas rush? No one over 10 hrs?

New hire Courier here; one of the things they had us do to kill time before def. driving and courier class was to assemble those bags.

The idea behind those is if you're about to peel out in the morning and at the last second you realize you're missing something, you can run over to the bin, grab a bag, and go, instead of having to find the one box with the one item you need. Normally you should get the one item off the rack, but those bags are there in case of emergency or audit.

So speaking of peak, what do PM couriers do during peaking regarding the extra hours? Do they start pickups earlier, or do we actually run deliveries?

Also, laughing about the uniforms and PM managers running routes posts. I'm wearing a uniform I found in the supply closet; amazingly, there was a pair of pants in my exact size. I wonder if the uniforms we ordered will be in before peak. Also, our shift manager runs 2 or 3 pickup routes a week, that's how understaffed they are.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
New hire Courier here; one of the things they had us do to kill time before def. driving and courier class was to assemble those bags.

The idea behind those is if you're about to peel out in the morning and at the last second you realize you're missing something, you can run over to the bin, grab a bag, and go, instead of having to find the one box with the one item you need. Normally you should get the one item off the rack, but those bags are there in case of emergency or audit.

So speaking of peak, what do PM couriers do during peaking regarding the extra hours? Do they start pickups earlier, or do we actually run deliveries?

Also, laughing about the uniforms and PM managers running routes posts. I'm wearing a uniform I found in the supply closet; amazingly, there was a pair of pants in my exact size. I wonder if the uniforms we ordered will be in before peak. Also, our shift manager runs 2 or 3 pickup routes a week, that's how understaffed they are.

PM couriers can split to mornings if they want extra hours. Plenty to be had.

No they won't be starting your route earlier. You'll be lucky if you start it on time every day. Late freight in the morning causes major problems for PM drivers leaving the building....trucks not back in time.

Purplepackage

You will be expected to come in on the morning sort and do deliveries all day until your pups start. Most likely the area your in for deliveries won't be the same as the pups so take your half hour while your driving. Get back late and then repeat the next day. Enjoy

Purplepackage

That would be great not to go over 10 hrs! We have satellite drivers that everyday go over 10 hrs. They won't get on the 9.5 list because they don't want to talk to our management. What happens when it's the Christmas rush? No one over 10 hrs?

During peak nothing matters, everyone works as long as they need to everyday

outtatime

You will be expected to come in on the morning sort and do deliveries all day until your pups start. Most likely the area your in for deliveries won't be the same as the pups so take your half hour while your driving. Get back late and then repeat the next day. Enjoy
Last peak all the FT PM couriers got screwed the whole month of Dec. They all had to come in at 9am and load up with about 40-50 p2's, deliver them all before starting their PUP routes. This while the regular AM couriers were getting about 9-10 hours a day. I didn't break 50 hours a week last peak if I tried. No major winter storms and flooding the station with rental trucks and extra help. Heck there were a few days I was done at 1-2pm, couldn't get anyone to give up any more stops to help with.

Purplepackage

Last peak all the FT PM couriers got screwed the whole month of Dec. They all had to come in at 9am and load up with about 40-50 p2's, deliver them all before starting their PUP routes. This while the regular AM couriers were getting about 9-10 hours a day. I didn't break 50 hours a week last peak if I tried. No major winter storms and flooding the station with rental trucks and extra help. Heck there were a few days I was done at 1-2pm, couldn't get anyone to give up any more stops to help with.

What does a full time pm do? Don't have any at my station, but yeah generally the pm side gets screwed.

I've been running the same peak route for 5 years, take out 100 stops or so everyday starting sometimes a day or so before thanksgiving, I've had 60 hour weeks every week of December for a couple peaks

Status
Not open for further replies.