You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

outtatime

What does a full time pm do? Don't have any at my station, but yeah generally the pm side gets screwed.

Full time PM does a PUP route that usually starts about 1400 and returns to the station about 2000-2030 and works the re-load until the last CTV leaves at 2130. Those routes usually have about 40-50 pups a night. During peak they get to do some deliveries in the morning, take a break, then start the PUP route. This is at the largest station in the district in a major city in the the eastern time zone. About 70 AM routes and 20 PM routes daily during the normal part of the year.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Full time PM does a PUP route that usually starts about 1400 and returns to the station about 2000-2030 and works the re-load until the last CTV leaves at 2130. Those routes usually have about 40-50 pups a night. During peak they get to do some deliveries in the morning, take a break, then start the PUP route. This is at the largest station in the district in a major city in the the eastern time zone. About 70 AM routes and 20 PM routes daily during the normal part of the year.

I thought you were at my station until I saw the number of routes. We have more at mine.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
New Flavor of the Month. The 10 hour rule is out the window. New Flavor, service and reducing OT and OR hours.

With that in mind, supposedly station management was ordered to start all PM routes two hours later until further notice. Started Friday when couriers came to work at they scheduled start times and SURPRISE! You are starting two hours later today.

Yesterday, late start. Today.....late freight and late start for PM. Can y'all say cluster friend*. I live in an area with some of the worst traffic in the country. Imagine... AM couriers out late because of late freight and PM couriers watching it get later and later and they're still sitting in the building knowing that eventually when they FINALLY leave, they will be going to their routes smack dab in the middle of the worst of rush hour. Late pickups all around. Gonna be a fun Peak.

It will be fine

New Flavor of the Month. The 10 hour rule is out the window. New Flavor, service and reducing OT and OR hours.

With that in mind, supposedly station management was ordered to start all PM routes two hours later until further notice. Started Friday when couriers came to work at they scheduled start times and SURPRISE! You are starting two hours later today.

Yesterday, late start. Today.....late freight and late start for PM. Can y'all say cluster friend*. I live in an area with some of the worst traffic in the country. Imagine... AM couriers out late because of late freight and PM couriers watching it get later and later and they're still sitting in the building knowing that eventually when they FINALLY leave, they will be going to their routes smack dab in the middle of the worst of rush hour. Late pickups all around. Gonna be a fun Peak.
Well your volume should be light if the PM doesn't make it to any pickups before they close. There's always a bright side.

dex 84

They didn't tell them their start time was changing, but didn't let them punch when they showed up for work? That doesn't seem like it would be legal.

I would've just punched in when I got there. I've already had that discussion with management when I received a text on my way in to work saying my start time was being pushed back. I punched in at my scheduled time and asked my manager what he wanted me to do. He said I shouldn't have done that. I said that he needed to tell me earlier if he was changing my shift. Long story short he said he didn't think that he did but he would get back to me and that for now I should go see so and so and help them with such and such. He never got back to me about it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They didn't tell them their start time was changing, but didn't let them punch when they showed up for work? That doesn't seem like it would be legal.

I would've just punched in when I got there. I've already had that discussion with management when I received a text on my way in to work saying my start time was being pushed back. I punched in at my scheduled time and asked my manager what he wanted me to do. He said I shouldn't have done that. I said that he needed to tell me earlier if he was changing my shift. Long story short he said he didn't think that he did but he would get back to me and that for now I should go see so and so and help them with such and such. He never got back to me about it.

Whether it's legal or not I have no idea. I DO know though, that according to FedEx policy they can't do it. I just checked it out about two weeks ago. That's why your manager didn't get back to you. Problem is, most PM couriers in my station are rookies. They don't know better. And the ones who do, have no cajones.

dex 84

Whether it's legal or not I have no idea. I DO know though, that according to FedEx policy they can't do it. I just checked it out about two weeks ago. That's why your manager didn't get back to you. Problem is, most PM couriers in my station are rookies. They don't know better. And the ones who do, have no cajones.

Yeah I figured that's why the topic was just dropped like that. That really bothers me though that not one person will stand up for themselves in a situation like that. They're just going to keep on taking until they start pushing back.

dezguy

Law in my province states they must give you 24 hours notice prior to a schedule change.

So, did you guys know stations apparently don't keep a supply of roadmaps/atlases on hand anymore? Yeah, apparently mine's been 'ordered', just like my uniforms been 'ordered'.

Status
Not open for further replies.