You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
'The World On Time - (As Long As the Local Gas Station Has Maps)'

Yup! that's the way to run a worldwide delivery organization. Sounds a bit like one of those Federal Express folklore tales of yore...."went in and snagged me a Rand McNally of the town after I filled up the ol' company van using my personal Master Charge"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do you guys know that if you have an accident in a driveway that it's an automatic warning letter and a one day unpaid suspension? Happened to someone in my station.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It is pretty simplistic. If one can't drive down a driveway without hitting something, they shouldn't drive down it.

You remind me of a former friend of mine. No matter how wonderful something was, she always had to find the negative and point it out. It must be mentally draining to be around you for long.

MAKAVELI

You remind me of a former friend of mine. No matter how wonderful something was, she always had to find the negative and point it out. It must be mentally draining to be around you for long.
I guess it's so wonderful to be suspended.;) What I posted is just common sense. Take it however you want.

whenIgetthere

So, did you guys know stations apparently don't keep a supply of roadmaps/atlases on hand anymore? Yeah, apparently mine's been 'ordered', just like my uniforms been 'ordered'.

Manager here told me they can't find anyone who prints the local map books anymore. Guess with GPS, they aren't making money doing so these days.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Do you guys know that if you have an accident in a driveway that it's an automatic warning letter and a one day unpaid suspension? Happened to someone in my station.

That's a bit drastic, but two points:

1. It's pretty hard to have an accident in a driveway. You back into it just enough to get off the road, maybe a little more if it's a long drive. Maybe nose-in if you know that you have adequate room to turn around.

2. Knowing the consequences, why not eliminate some of the risk?

dex 84

It is pretty simplistic. If one can't drive down a driveway without hitting something, they shouldn't drive down it.

It's real easy to talk about staying out of driveways but depending on where you are that would be the equivalent of staying on the main road and walking off every side road.

You shouldn't be getting in driveway accidents though. There's no traffic so you should be able to safely navigate.
I'm very cautious about driveways, we have some routes way out in the sticks if I go down it once and have trouble turning around its a mailbox stop from that point on
What do you do if they aren't served by the post office or if the mailboxes for their street are all out on the main road?

Status
Not open for further replies.