You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezguy

So, got a new one for your consideration.

We're so understaffed, we have a new pm courier at our station driving a route...

... who has not been to Courier school or Defensive Driving. And no, he has not been a courier before.
I was employed almost 2 years and running my own route just under a year before I went to courier school or defensive driving.

dezguy

They tried that for a short while in my district and quickly realized it wasn't a good idea.
My DM was just trying to save a couple bucks. In reality, they ended up wasting money (big surprise, right?) because, by the time I went, I pretty much knew everything that was covered. Easiest 2 weeks of pay in my life.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Current episode of you can't make this stuff up.... Our obviously overpaid IE decides to add two new routes to an area starting today. Problem is, he didn't tell the manager in whose workgroup they would be. Soooo, no bodies or trucks available. Then he gets upset because they "deviated from the plan". Icing on the cake, one of the routes does a small town, then cuts through two other routes to do another area. And they get PAID for this. Manager said he's implementing nothing til he looks at it. LMAO!!

Purplepackage

Current episode of you can't make this stuff up.... Our obviously overpaid IE decides to add two new routes to an area starting today. Problem is, he didn't tell the manager in whose workgroup they would be. Soooo, no bodies or trucks available. Then he gets upset because they "deviated from the plan". Icing on the cake, one of the routes does a small town, then cuts through two other routes to do another area. And they get PAID for this. Manager said he's implementing nothing til he looks at it. LMAO!!

Our current engineer is actually one of the best we had so far. Of course we arent on DRA (or whatever it is that puts the stops in order and creates routes).

Anyway our newest thing at my station has been for the past 2 weeks they have been letting 5 people a day sign up to take a day off without pay because there are so many swings with nothing to do. My manager has actually been begging people to take a day so he doesnt have to listen to swings complain

whenIgetthere

Our current engineer is actually one of the best we had so far. Of course we arent on DRA (or whatever it is that puts the stops in order and creates routes).

Anyway our newest thing at my station has been for the past 2 weeks they have been letting 5 people a day sign up to take a day off without pay because there are so many swings with nothing to do. My manager has actually been begging people to take a day so he doesnt have to listen to swings complain

Our SM just hired a bunch of PT swings, won't be enough work for them. Courier next to me had his route cut up last month because of all the OT he was getting, and now complains I won't drop anything to him. I haven't seen a 40 hour check since the last time I went on vacation, I ain't dropping to anyone.

Purplepackage

Our SM just hired a bunch of PT swings, won't be enough work for them. Courier next to me had his route cut up last month because of all the OT he was getting, and now complains I won't drop anything to him. I haven't seen a 40 hour check since the last time I went on vacation, I ain't dropping to anyone.

People bitch when it's busy and bitch when it's not

Purplepackage

I remember hearing a SM say the optimum hours for most people is 44-45 a week to keep the complaining to a minimum. Not too many, but just enough extra for more cash.

That sounds about right, I work over 40 almost every week but sometimes I'll take a 3 or 4 hour day if someone else wants to work

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

That's been an issue anywhere I've been, at least in the winter. It was "solved" at one station by reducing the number of couriers who could take full weeks off during the summer.

dex 84

I remember hearing a SM say the optimum hours for most people is 44-45 a week to keep the complaining to a minimum. Not too many, but just enough extra for more cash.

I know plenty of people who aren't satisfied with 45 hours a week. I don't mind a light week every now and then but I've come to expect the overtime in my check.

MAKAVELI

I know plenty of people who aren't satisfied with 45 hours a week. I don't mind a light week every now and then but I've come to expect the overtime in my check.
If you aren't topped out, its the only way to make a decent check in this mother.;)

SmithBarney

Oh SFA... Buffet Dinners and breakfast three days so far this week... only half of the employees took the SFA last year... we are gunning for less this year. Oooh Memphis loves to beat up the Managers that can't get their work group to take the "voluntary" SFA

MAKAVELI

Oh SFA... Buffet Dinners and breakfast three days so far this week... only half of the employees took the SFA last year... we are gunning for less this year. Oooh Memphis loves to beat up the Managers that can't get their work group to take the "voluntary" SFA
Dammm!!!! Your management has taken it to another level. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.