You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplepackage

Funny how "1-hour breaks are company policy" except during peak or during service disruption days with 2 hour late freight.

Around here they will go 2 or 3 weeks really being anal about it. Then all of a sudden it's like they forget and if you take a half every once in awhile no one says anything.

I haven't taken an hour break on a Monday in over a year

Around here they will go 2 or 3 weeks really being anal about it. Then all of a sudden it's like they forget and if you take a half every once in awhile no one says anything.

I can't even remember the last time I took an hour break. 30 minutes for me everyday. They never say anything.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I can't even remember the last time I took an hour break. 30 minutes for me everyday. They never say anything.
Hour breaks are a big issue in my district. Management thinks it will make us more productive if we take an hour break. Maybe I'm dense, but for the life of me I can't figure out or understand when it's explained to me, how it makes us more productive. :(

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Are the systems still down today? Management must really be sweating about not being able to print gap reports
I noticed when you hit verify request the completed deliveries are slowly starting to show. We had ROADS this morning. Don't know what else is up. I know they were having to manually do weights and balances on the flights.

Purplepackage

I noticed when you hit verify request the completed deliveries are slowly starting to show. We had ROADS this morning. Don't know what else is up. I know they were having to manually do weights and balances on the flights.

I hope they get it all fixed im off today but id like to start at a normal time tomorrow not 60 minutes later like they did today

dezguy

90% of our international ended up in the GTS cage as overages. We were told to expect the same tomorrow.

Purplepackage

My friend who's at a station outside of Dallas told me they finally left the building at 1300 today. Lol. We start 30 minutes late tomorrow.

How would that even work lol leaving the building at 11:30 is hard enough.

I'm assuming this situation is backing up freight and we will get slammed one day next week

Yankeefan

I just put the weather channel on, I had no idea they were getting slammed that hard down there. Memphis intl got 6inches of rain in 30 hours that's a :censored2: ton of rain
And it isn't suppose to stop raining until Sunday...there's standing water everywhere sort was pushed an hour and a half last night it's an all around mess.

whenIgetthere

I haven't taken any one hour break in over a year, manager never says anything.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hour breaks are a big issue in my district. Management thinks it will make us more productive if we take an hour break. Maybe I'm dense, but for the life of me I can't figure out or understand when it's explained to me, how it makes us more productive. :(

In theory, no one wants to stay out that extra 30 minutes. OK, that theory is true. The other side of the theory is that you'd hustle up to offset having to stay out longer. That part is crap except for those who are on the borderline of having an 8 hour day. Not that there's really any penalty if you go over 8 with only a 30 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.