Younger Generations...

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I had been trying to get into IBEW's apprenticeship the last few years but I moved on. I thought I was competing for a spot in an elite collective of the best of the best electricians but that definitely wasn't the case. I'm not interested in joining a club.

Thebrownblob

I had been trying to get into IBEW's apprenticeship the last few years but I moved on. I thought I was competing for a spot in an elite collective of the best of the best electricians but that definitely wasn't the case. I'm not interested in joining a club.
Yep they’re pretty exclusionary. Kind of silly.

rod

Retired 22 years
Serves them right for their nepotism bull:censored2:.
We had a humongous paper mill in town for like a hundred years that was like that. If you didn't have a relative working there forget about getting hired on. Chinese competition put them out of business. The old guy who would sign for UPS stuff always said "we make love --not paper". The place was noted for steamy affairs being carried on.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
We had a humongous paper mill in town for like a hundred years that was like that. If you didn't have a relative working there forget about getting hired on. Chinese competition put them out of business. The old guy who would sign for UPS stuff always said "we make love --not paper". The place was noted for steamy affairs being carried on.
Guess they should've got good.

rod

Retired 22 years
Guess they should've got good.
Oh they were good. They made coated paper like the stuff magazines are printed on. They ran 24/7 for many years. Just couldn't compete paying Union wages with the Chinese. They sold to a different company who got rid of the Union and cut EVERYONES wages by 50%---still couldn't compete.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
everyone complains about the younger generations! maybe the lazy parents are to blame!

You’re kids are lazy cause of you!

Glad my parents raised me right

NOTHING IS GIVEN TO YOU IN LIFE , YOU MUST FIGHT FOR EVERYTHING

RPCD STYLE
@MECH-lift style baby

😎

🧔‍♂️✊

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
OIP (1).jpg

Yolo

So the younger generation is practicing safe sex and not starting families if they aren't ready for one. And the boomers found a reason to complain about it?

Y'all just worried that there won't be enough LPNs to wipe your butthole clean 5 years from now.

DriverNerd

housing is too expensive.
My parents home was cheap as can be and just comparing housing prices from when I purchased my first home (2009) vs today I can see this is a ridiculous time to try to buy.
Millennials make the least amount of money yet starter homes are too expensive and rates are making that even harder to afford. I can see why so many are forced to rent or work multiple jobs.

vantexan

So the younger generation is practicing safe sex and not starting families if they aren't ready for one. And the boomers found a reason to complain about it?

Y'all just worried that there won't be enough LPNs to wipe your butthole clean 5 years from now.
Yeah, when all the Boomers are gone the following generations are going to have it made. Good luck.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Are you applying for the job?

Serf

In the Northeast a guy can get into the Ironworker union and literally just lay re-bar for 40$ per hour. M-friend 7-3:30. Room temp I.Q.