Younger Generations...

qdg2

Plus maybe I need to switch it up. I have friends who go to a big young church way in the outer suburbs where the pastor has a drawl, nice hair, capped bright white teeth while wearing jeans and cowboy boots. His wife is an associate pastor. She’s tall, has long legs and great D cups that are probably store bought.
Best tax free donations can buy.....

Tele preacher down the road here has his own airport.....can be seen for miles.........brings Christ to folks in his private jet.....those that have at least half a brain.......I mean.....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Anyone that goes to church knows the younger generation is turning its back.

My church is like 80% boomers, 15% Gen X stragglers like me and 5% kids we drag kicking and screaming.
"Anyone" who goes to your church maybe.

My church is full of young couples with kids.
Got a great fun Sunday school program the kids love going to. Young adult program is booming. Rational people are rejecting the radical leftism Democrats are pushing.

The cult of leftism isn't reproducing. After all, the world is ending because of climate change.

Probably why Democrats are trying to import illegals and buy their votes with amnesty and a welfare state.

DriverNerd

My church is full of young couples with kids.
Got a great fun Sunday school program the kids love going to. Young adult program is booming.
Catering to your community is what churches should be doing. Having an old dude in a robe quote random bible verses for an hour once a week then asking for money will never bring in the younger generations. The church my dad used to drag me to (which I still deliver to occasionally) does both English and Spanish masses, Sunday school, church events, youth events/retreats, youth out of church activities, and activities with charities in a modern clean building. They're usually pretty busy.

newolddude

Catering to your community is what churches should be doing. Having an old dude in a robe quote random bible verses for an hour once a week then asking for money will never bring in the younger generations. The church my dad used to drag me to (which I still deliver to occasionally) does both English and Spanish masses, Sunday school, church events, youth events/retreats, youth out of church activities, and activities with charities in a modern clean building. They're usually pretty busy.

The problem is the boomers at our church ran off the pastor who was somewhat progressive and spoke Spanish. As soon as some Hispanics families showed up they started freaking out. They booted him out and brought in an older traditionalist who only does English services.

I’m not exaggerating a recent service I was the youngest person there.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The problem is the boomers at our church ran off the pastor who was somewhat progressive and spoke Spanish. As soon as some Hispanics families showed up they started freaking out. They booted him out and brought in an older traditionalist who only does English services.

I’m not exaggerating a recent service I was the youngest person there.
Can’t have pastors speaking Mexican. Go to a Mexico church you wanna speak Mexican. This here is a Murican church by god.

Mutineer

The cult of leftism isn't reproducing. After all, the world is ending because of climate change.

My observations match your claim among college educated, or otherwise prosperous liberals.

But the welfare liberals are breeding like flies.
Probably why Democrats are trying to import illegals and buy their votes with amnesty and a welfare state.

Probably? That's exactly what they are doing.

Which aligns with the endless narrative of "labor shortage", and propaganda that bashes white males in print, television shows, movies, and the news at every opportunity.

rod

Retired 22 years
I married a Catholic. Everyonce in awhile I get drug into her church kicking and screaming (weddings / funerals) It's all VooDoo to me.

Mutineer

I married a Catholic. Everyonce in awhile I get drug into her church kicking and screaming (weddings / funerals) It's all VooDoo to me.

As a kid I had a very fit, agile, and determined great-grandmother who sometimes caught and dragged me to Catholic church in her white Ford Falcon. I remember her teaching me about the different patron saints.