Yuengling beer drinkers only please.

Ive been drinking it on and off for about a decade. I've never really thought about it. When I, a friend, or neighbor went up to PA I requested a case or two and paid them.. Here is my question is it a brown beer??'it looks brown and dark. Is it my new poor mans Becks? Will this take the place of my Blue Moon beer?? If you are confused by my rant Yuengling is newly available in Ohio so its a new option for me. Any thoughts ??????????????????????

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I like Yuengling Lager myself. It is a darker beer without being too heavy and goes well with wings and pizza.

It is also a decent price ... I bought a 12 pack a couple weeks ago for $10.

brownedout

Brings back memories of the '70's when you couldn't, or could you, get Coor's East of the Mississippi, thus the story line of the original "Smokey and Bandit"

moreluck

golden ticket member
Brings back memories of the '70's when you couldn't, or could you, get Coor's East of the Mississippi, thus the story line of the original "Smokey and Bandit"
When my husband was on Assignment fron OH. to UT. in the 70's he would bring back Coors for our Ohio neighbor because it wasn't in Ohio at that time....('75, '76?)

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The original Yuengling is in Pottsville ,Pa half way give or take a few miles between Allentown and Harrisburg.It is located on a spine of low mountains where you can hike part of the Appalachin Trail. I used to go to a black powder shop (Dixon's) out that way to buy flints and powder for my "Hawkin"My cousin owns a dairy farm near there ( Berks County) on Mountain Rd that the original stone farm house was built in 1730.Pretty country especially this time of year with all the colors. The old Strohs Brewery is located not to far away also. My cousin used to buy the by product of brewing (some kind of mash) for the dairy cows feed.They built a huge Cabela's on the main road (RT22) kind of ruined the lanscape.

brownedout

In all honesty, I love the history, and geography lessons we are sometimes treated to on this forum. Thank you all, for your knowledge, and input.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Never tried it.

Oops sorry I intruded on your thread.......!
Bump an old thread.

Well now you've tried it, Ovah.
I used to have friends grab me some when they traveled. It's available in my area now. Can't wait to try the Octoberfest. I heard it's really good, but sells out quickly.

20 ounce draft!
20140819_182130.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Bump an old thread.

Well now you've tried it, Ovah.
I used to have friends grab me some when they traveled. It's available in my area now. Can't wait to try the Octoberfest. I heard it's really good, but sells out quickly.

I saw on the local news last week that Yuengling is building a brewery in New England.

(You guys can have it. Personally, I prefer Sam!)

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I saw on the local news last week that Yuengling is building a brewery in New England.

(You guys can have it. Personally, I prefer Sam!)
I've been drinking sam summer all season, then had a Yuengling with dinner at smokey bones a couple weeks ago. Sammie blows it away!