“Toxic masculinity”

BrownArmy

Still rocking a twenty-year old Gillette Sensor Excel handle, they’re still making blades.

But the Gillette blades are stupid expensive, so I tried Harry’s, but those razors BLOW.

Look, are you seriously going to make a purchase decision based on an advertisement?

BrownArmy

The razor didn’t make the ad, some marketing firm came up with it and Gillette green lighted it.

If you were a Gillette user, does the ad offend you so that you would switch to a razor you hated?

Here’s the reverse:

‘I really liked the ad for truck x, so I bought one’...

‘Do you like the truck?’

‘No, I hate it, but what a great ad!’

Really?

BrownArmy

Sure. No reason to get ideologically cucked over a razor. Can switch to an electric shaver and touch up with a :censored2:ty brand.

Huh, I guess I don’t feel too strongly about advertisements.

The ad got people talking about Gillette though, didn’t it, in which case it was successful.

oldngray

nowhere special
Does anyone remember the bag of 100 blue plastic razors for an insanely low price????
You can still buy a pretty big bag of them cheap. Its what I use. They shave as well and who cares if they don't last as long. The prices on replacement blades for other razors is crazy. And they pretty much quit making razors with cheaper blades.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You can still buy a pretty big bag of them cheap. Its what I use. They shave as well and who cares if they don't last as long. The prices on replacement blades for other razors is crazy. And they pretty much quit making razors with cheaper blades.
I think Bic used to make them too.