“You guys are way overpaid!”

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Or horror. Probably never happen anyway, I’m not that good of a writer.
People are really not interested in UPS stories. They are interested in their work stories.
When I get together with other retired truck drivers we all like telling "war" stories.

The audience is very limited.

Your Karen story only really relates to delivery drivers. No one else cares.

Zowert

Just talked to the driver that delivered the wine for me, we both worked for some OT today. He told me that Karen asked him who I was and why I was such an a**hole. He just told her I was some new cover driver. She asked him how much we really make and he said, “just enough to pay the bills.” Karen, “I knew he was full of S, no one is making forty dollars an hour to drive a truck.”

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Just talked to the driver that delivered the wine for me, we both worked for some OT today. He told me that Karen asked him who I was and why I was such an a**hole. He just told her I was some new cover driver. She asked him how much we really make and he said, “just enough to pay the bills.” Karen, “I knew he was full of S, no one is making forty dollars an hour to drive a truck.”

I bet she would take out a mailbox her first day lol

Brownwind

UPDATE

So this particular street where this Karen lives is typically on the route next to me but once in a while they will put it on me if that route is heavy. I know the driver of that route, who normally delivers to her. I called him up to see if he would take care of it for me. Turns out this woman is going through a nasty divorce, so it all makes sense now. He said she can be a real hothead at times for no reason. She calls the cops on her neighbors all the time for crazy stuff. Just a real piece of work. Fortunately this driver is on good terms with her. She gets a lot of wine deliveries so he deals with her a lot.

Anyway, I’m meeting him at the air drop later to give him the box of wine so he can deal with that maniac. I just can’t put up with abuse from customers without chirping back, so this is the best way. Sorry, kind of an uneventful ending.
Thanks for the update. Don’t take it personal. More than a few on our routes are going through “nasty” stuff. At least we know our stuff we go through driving for brown.
I’ve been there the best advice I got was “don’t think of the job. Think of what the job pays for’ Can’t wait to retire..

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you're right karen, we are making 60 bucks and hour on ot.....

give me her phone number......hahahahaha

Zowert

you're right karen, we are making 60 bucks and hour on ot.....

give me her phone number......hahahahaha
Hahaha! He told me this as we were plugging our DIAD’s in, I said, “Come one dude! You should’ve told her you were making a dollar a minute on Saturdays. That would have given her a heart attack then we wouldn’t have to deal with her anymore.”

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He's probably wondering why you were blurting out how much we make to our customers. Not too bright.

Zowert

He's probably wondering why you were blurting out how much we make to our customers. Not too bright.
Yeah you’re right. It just slipped in the moment. I don’t even know why I said it. Even when people straight up ask me I don’t tell them the exact amount. I hit top rate not too long ago so I guess the money was on my mind. It’s been life changing.

PT Car Washer

Yeah you’re right. It just slipped in the moment. I don’t even know why I said it. Even when people straight up ask me I don’t tell them the exact amount. I hit top rate not too long ago so I guess the money was on my mind. It’s been life changing.
My mother says I am overpaid.