1% extra pay increase for not calling in sick all last year?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Isn't that the same as FDX making me work while I'm sick?
If I'm really sick, I have to drag myself to work anyways because if I don't, I'll get less of a pay increase for the whole year. Just for that one day.

And then, that will continue to compound year after year since as soon as I call in once, I'm getting less pay for the rest of my life. Sounds like par for the course at FDX. Am I right?

northeast swing driver

If I'm really sick, I have to drag myself to work anyways because if I don't, I'll get less of a pay increase for the whole year. Just for that one day.

And then, that will continue to compound year after year since as soon as I call in once, I'm getting less pay for the rest of my life. Sounds like par for the course at FDX. Am I right?
Yep. 100% right. Only way to get that 7.0 is to never miss a day of work. It's a joke and the explanation mgmt will give you is if you don't penalize people that call in sick then it's unfair to the people that don't miss any days.

LTFedExer

So you're saying you should get the same raise whether you call in sick or not?
You are also penalized if you call in sick...

Yep. 100% right. Only way to get that 7.0 is to never miss a day of work. It's a joke and the explanation mgmt will give you is if you don't penalize people that call in sick then it's unfair to the people that don't miss any days.
Wrong. FedEx2000 (a manager) posted in another thread you can still get a 7.
Screw it.

I use my sick days if I need to.
If you're sick, why not? If you use it just because you don't feel like going to work, then you're wrong.

FedExer267

Hells Bells I call in sick at least once a month, not like I am getting a paid vacation, these Contractors and FedEx cannot expect the human body to work like a dog all year long day in and day out with out your body breaking down and we all know how they like to delay a workers comp claim. You do this kind of work eventually you are going to need a break.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you're sick, why not? If you use it just because you don't feel like going to work, then you're wrong.

I said if I need to which means when I'm sick not because "I don't feel like going to work."

Not easy to get someone to replace you on road if you do go in sick and end up having to go home or to the doctor.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

All part of the game. How can anyone realistically not expect to be sick at all during the course of a year? Managers get 10 days of sick pay now, another slap across the face.

vantexan

So you're saying you should get the same raise whether you call in sick or not?

I think if we are allowed 5 paid sick days we should only get penalized if we take 6 or more. And raises truly are too small. For mid-range a 7 review is a 4.5% raise and it drops off from there. My 6.4 review gets me a 3.2% raise. And they even counted an incident, not accident, that occurred almost a full 2 years ago. How many decades will it take me to catch top-out? Hint: more than 2. And very possibly more than 5. Haven't done the math. Second class citizen. I'm not asking for huge sums of money or super sized benefits. Only that my efforts get the same consideration as those who went before. What they're saying with this pay scheme is that I'm white trash and should just be happy they've given me a job and allow me to stay. I'm not a violent person. I'll just take it until it's time to go and figure how to make do. But they are setting themselves up to get a mgr seriously hurt. Sooner or later people are going to "go postal". Resentment is building up in those who've put in 10+ years and are going nowhere. You'd think they'd get that. And patting us on the head isn't the solution.

Last edited:

northeast swing driver

I think if we are allowed 5 paid sick days we should only get penalized if we take 6 or more. And raises truly are too small. For mid-range a 7 review is a 4.5% raise and it drops off from there. My 6.4 review gets me a 3.2% raise. And they even counted an incident, not accident, that occurred almost a full 2 years ago. How many decades will it take me to catch top-out? Hint: more than 2. And very possibly more than 5. Haven't done the math. Second class citizen. I'm not asking for huge sums of money or super sized benefits. Only that my efforts get the same consideration as those who went before. What they're saying with this pay scheme is that I'm white trash and should just be happy they've given me a job and allow me to stay. I'm not a violent person. I'll just take it until it's time to go and figure how to make do. But they are setting themselves up to get a mgr seriously hurt. Sooner or later people are going to "go postal". Resentment is building up in those who've put in 10+ years and are going nowhere. You'd think they'd get that. And patting us on the head isn't the solution.
Only a matter of time. I feel the same exact way.

LTFedExer

All part of the game. How can anyone realistically not expect to be sick at all during the course of a year? Managers get 10 days of sick pay now, another slap across the face.
Didn't you say you haven't called in sick in, I forgot how many years? Also, managers don't get paid for their unused sick days. Lord, you sound like my 10 year old that wants a piece of candy because her friend got 1.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Didn't you say you haven't called in sick in, I forgot how many years? Also, managers don't get paid for their unused sick days. Lord, you sound like my 10 year old that wants a piece of candy because her friend got 1.

I no longer strive to be a 7 because it's pointless. When I'm sick, I call-in now.

LTFedExer

I no longer strive to be a 7 because it's pointless. When I'm sick, I call-in now.
That's not the point. You said you never called in sick for X number of years. Now you're saying "How can anyone realistically not expect to be sick at all during the course of a year?". So you either went to work sick or you never got sick.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I haven't called in sick in at least 10 yrs. My point is, FDX makes you work even if you are truly sick (like I have been all week) just so I can get that carrot on the stick.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's not the point. You said you never called in sick for X number of years. Now you're saying "How can anyone realistically not expect to be sick at all during the course of a year?". So you either went to work sick or you never got sick.

I frequently went to work sick. No more.

Myort

ok guys, I have been off all week. What is the deal with this whole 1% thing? I scored a 6.4 on my last review for a 3.2% raise. Does this mean I will get a 4.2% raise?