1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

bacha29

When did I say what was okay?

Rape ought to be a capital crime, with a man dead by public hanging within the week with a fair trial.

But it doesn't matter what the dad did.

You can't kill the kid.
Capital punishment has already been banned in many states and rape is a crime that would never rise to the level of capital punishment. So get back to reality. BTW You say "You can't kill the kid". But I noticed that you have made no mention of what amount of direct economic support you are personally willing to provide when it comes to the expense of raising and providing for that child. A federal income tax surcharge? An increase in the state sales, and or income tax? A county income tax to support children and youth services? Nobody's interested now in your morality . In the aftermath of the overturning of Roe all that matters now is the money that will be needed to support all of those foster and unwanted kids. How much can we count on you for?

wilberforce15

Capital punishment has already been banned in many states and rape is a crime that would never rise to the level of capital punishment. So get back to reality. BTW You say "You can't kill the kid". But I noticed that you have made no mention of what amount of direct economic support you are personally willing to provide when it comes to the expense of raising and providing for that child. A federal income tax surcharge? An increase in the state sales, and or income tax? A county income tax to support children and youth services? Nobody's interested now in your morality . In the aftermath of the overturning of Roe all that matters now is the money that will be needed to support all of those foster and unwanted kids. How much can we count on you for?
Your problem with me was that I'm somehow soft on men who commit crimes, and hard on women.

Now you want me to go softer on rapists?

There are more homes ready for adopting kids than there are babies available.

That will continue.

bacha29

Evangelicals are the reason there is a longer line of couples waiting to adopt than babies available.
Last year in my state there were 14,070 children in foster care. Of that 14,070 want to know how many were adopted ? 2050 . So don't feed me that BS about an undersupply of kids to be adopted.

vantexan

Exactly . And just exactly what specific steps are the holly rollers going to take to help support and raise that kid born to a 14 year old? If they think that they are going to get away without it costing them a dime they might be in for one hell of a surprise. If they do have to pay perhaps one good thing might come out of it. Less money going into the collection plate for the bible thumper with the GED and a preacher's license telling them what to do, where to sit, what to think and how to act.
You still have constitutional protections that keep the religious from imposing everything they believe on you. Making this about the religious is disingenuous. Abortion is a major religious sacrament of the Left. You may not sit in a building on Sunday and preach it but it's ingrained in your minds. You're just going to have to accept that you can't use Roe v. Wade any longer to impose YOUR religious sacrament on those who don't believe that way. In other words you just lost total control of the masses. About damn time.

wilberforce15

Last year in my state there were 14,070 children in foster care. Of that 14,070 want to know how many were adopted ? 2050 . So don't feed me that BS about an undersupply of kids to be adopted.
You switched the issue to foster care, which is largely 12-17 year old active criminals who are a danger to anyone who takes them in. There are not enough homes for them.

There is a 10 mile long waiting list for babies.

vantexan

Typical lib. You won't contribute but you'll demand everyone else does.

bacha29

Your problem with me was that I'm somehow soft on men who commit crimes, and hard on women.

Now you want me to go softer on rapists?

There are more homes ready for adopting kids than there are babies available.

That will continue.
Direct economic support?
Show me the woman and child, and I'll take the kid myself right now. No questions asked.
Have you undertaken this action prior to today? More homes that there are kids. Last year in my state there were 14,070 kids in foster care . of those 14,070 Guess how many were adopted ? 2050. So don't even try to feed me that BS about an undersupply of adoptable kids.

wilberforce15

Have you undertaken this action prior to today? More homes that there are kids. Last year in my state there were 14,070 kids in foster care . of those 14,070 Guess how many were adopted ? 2050. So don't even try to feed me that BS about an undersupply of adoptable kids.
You don't even know the difference between foster care and baby adoption. Why should I educate you?

I will not take a foster kid into my home, until perhaps long after I have an empty nest. They are not safe to bring in around other children.

I'll take any baby you want right now, no questions asked.

bacha29

You switched the issue to foster care, which is largely 12-17 year old active criminals who are a danger to anyone who takes them in. There are not enough homes for them.

There is a 10 mile long waiting list for babies.
Oh so now every kid in foster care between the ages of 12-17 is a criminal? LMFAO. Clearly what you have done here is brand a kid who is not a cute little white baby....a criminal.

wilberforce15

Oh so now every kid in foster care between the ages of 12-17 is a criminal? LMFAO. Clearly what you have done here is brand a kid who is not a cute little white baby....a criminal.
All of them are trouble, and should be handled by people who don't have other kids. Yes.

Bringing in a troubled-youth into your home, with your own school-aged children, is a disaster waiting to happen. There will be abuse, stalking, molestation, experimentation, and all kinds of other things. That's what happens when troubled youth get put into regular homes. I've seen it plenty of times.

We are talking about babies. There is an infinite number of couples available who will take one. They will ALL get families.

vantexan

You think there will be no foster kids after abortion ends? Most kids end up in foster situations because their parent becomes a drug addict, or commits a crime and is imprisoned, or dies in an accident and there are no relatives to take the child in. Your supposition that they're all in foster care because their mother didn't get an abortion is ludicrous.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You think there will be no foster kids after abortion ends? Most kids end up in foster situations because their parent becomes a drug addict, or commits a crime and is imprisoned, or dies in an accident and there are no relatives to take the child in. Your supposition that they're all in foster care because their mother didn't get an abortion is ludicrous.
They twist the facts.

bacha29

The scenario you describe? Well, there's going to be a whole lot more of it and how much more money are you going to contribute toward their care? No we can't spend public dollars to give little Suzie 14 and at the beginning of her life who was impregnated by a family a abortion but we can spend 100K+ in public funds to give you a 60 year old and at the backend of your life a heart operation so you can go on living.

wilberforce15

The scenario you describe? Well, there's going to be a whole lot more of it and how much more money are you going to contribute toward their care? No we can't spend public dollars to give little Suzie 14 and at the beginning of her life who was impregnated by a family a abortion but we can spend 100K+ in public funds to give you a 60 year old and at the backend of your life a heart operation so you can go on living.
Correct, we can spend money to save life, but not to murder.

You're starting to get it.