$1 per hour taken away from most Employees in Mcallen, TX PM local sort

705red

Browncafe Steward
Won't be moving anything into a manager's office. I'm retired and a former teamster. Everything is open to interpretation. "general working conditions" how vague is that.

The Employer agrees that all conditions of employment related to wages,

That is what we were talking about, however it covers a lot with leaving it vague like that. If we had it under the previous contract we are entitled to it currently, unless it is negotiated.

The Employer agrees that all conditions of employment related to wages,

That is what we were talking about, however it covers a lot with leaving it vague like that. If we had it under the previous contract we are entitled to it currently, unless it is negotiated.

Ok red, explain to me and everyone else the term in in Article 47, Section 1 "general working cinditions". What it means to you and pertains to directly without trying to spin it.

705red

Browncafe Steward
over 70's, increasing the weight limits, rain jackets if supplied before the contract they must be supplied during the following contract, if package cars have radios in them, the company cannot say take them out now because of a fire, reflective vests, power steering vehicles, hand carts, load stands anything that we had that we used to do the job under the old contract that was not addressed during negotiations must stay in effect during this contract. If not then it is a grievable situation, just as the Turkeys, sales lead programs, employee stock purchase just a few that have been filed on, crap even the price in the vending machines.:happy2:

JonFrum

Let's all read pages 3, 5, and 10 of this link describing Mandatory vs Permissive Subjects of Bargaining . . .
https://web.archive.org/web/2010120...lc/Collective_Bargaining/html/c-chapter1.html

And the prohibition on employers from unilaterally changing the status quo regarding a Mandatory Subject of Bargaining . . .
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/collective bargaining

The phrase, "general working conditions, as negotiated or agreed upon," refers to the clauses in the UPS Contract, and possibly to various verbal understandings that we would not know about unless one side or the other makes them known.

The phrase, "terms and conditions of employment," as used in Labor Law is spelled out in thousands of case law rulings by the NLRB and the Courts, just like any other broad legal term or principle.

ftballer67

A question for 705 Red.

When the new district manager was walking through our preload I guess he was pretty pissed to see people wearing headphones. He decided that was no longer allowed, and management has informed us we can no longer wear them (even just 1 ear). Headphones have been allowed since I started (04). In our supplement it says we can have a portable radio, but does not say anything about whether we can/can't have headphones. IMO my headphones are am/fm, hence a portable radio.

Do you think I could file and win under the maintenence of standards language? Thanks in advance, alot of angry people in my building about this issue.

brownIEman

A question for 705 Red.

When the new district manager was walking through our preload I guess he was pretty pissed to see people wearing headphones. He decided that was no longer allowed, and management has informed us we can no longer wear them (even just 1 ear). Headphones have been allowed since I started (04). In our supplement it says we can have a portable radio, but does not say anything about whether we can/can't have headphones. IMO my headphones are am/fm, hence a portable radio.

Do you think I could file and win under the maintenence of standards language? Thanks in advance, alot of angry people in my building about this issue.

You might want to run it by OSHA first. Wearing headphones in a fast past environment like a hub is a safety concern, and government organizations won't care about maintaining prior working condition if they deem them unsafe.

brownIEman

This whole thread is a great display of why the extra skilled dollar is a pain in the keester that hopefully will be done away with in the next contract. The preload has been deskilled in most places via PAS anyway. My vote would be to bump the starting insider pay a buck and get rid of the skilled language all together in 2013.

But then, that is just my 2c, so I guess I am 98c short...

brownIEman

over 70's, increasing the weight limits, rain jackets if supplied before the contract they must be supplied during the following contract, if package cars have radios in them, the company cannot say take them out now because of a fire, reflective vests, power steering vehicles, hand carts, load stands anything that we had that we used to do the job under the old contract that was not addressed during negotiations must stay in effect during this contract. If not then it is a grievable situation, just as the Turkeys, sales lead programs, employee stock purchase just a few that have been filed on, crap even the price in the vending machines.:happy2:

Just out of curiosity, how many of those have been won?

This whole thread is a great display of why the extra skilled dollar is a pain in the keester that hopefully will be done away with in the next contract. The preload has been deskilled in most places via PAS anyway. My vote would be to bump the starting insider pay a buck and get rid of the skilled language all together in 2013.

But then, that is just my 2c, so I guess I am 98c short...

Lets put the money in automated hubs instead.