< 1 year 22.4 - Basic questions about vacation and promotion

Yak

Hello, I've been a 22.4 driver for almost a year, and there are some things about the company that I still don't know. Every job I've had in the past, the company will provide an employee handbook so everyone knows every policy for everything. Does UPS have one of these? I can't find it on Upsers.com.

I've looked into the Master Contract, but it doesn't seem to directly answer a lot of my questions- or it's not clear if the specific clause relates to me or not.

I want that guidebook to answer questions like this:

1. Do I earn vacation in the first year, but can't use it till my 9th month... or do I start accruing at month 9?

2. Do vacation hours roll over if unused?

3. What are sick-day and other attendance rules? Is it a point-based system?

4. Does going from 22.4 > RCPD require me to watch out for a bid-sheet, or will promotions occur in line of seniority?

5. If I'm an off-the-street driver, will drivers hired after me have seniority if they've been package handlers since before I was hired off the street?

DOK

Hello, I've been a 22.4 driver for almost a year, and there are some things about the company that I still don't know. Every job I've had in the past, the company will provide an employee handbook so everyone knows every policy for everything. Does UPS have one of these? I can't find it on Upsers.com.

I've looked into the Master Contract, but it doesn't seem to directly answer a lot of my questions- or it's not clear if the specific clause relates to me or not.

1. Do I earn vacation in the first year, but can't use it till my 9th month... or do I start accruing at month 9?

4. Does going from 22.4 > RCPD require me to watch out for a bid-sheet, or will promotions occur in line of seniority?

5. If I'm an off-the-street driver, will drivers hired after me have seniority if they've been package handlers since before I was hired off the street?
Only handbook I know of is the contract. See your union steward for a contract book which should answer all your questions for you specific area of the country.

upschuck

1. No vacation in first year, you accrue weeks for the following year.

2. No, paid out.

3. Depends on your supplement.

4. Must bid on available openings.

5. Generally, FT seniority trumps PT. May vary according to supplement/rider.

These are all in the contract, it is online for your convenience.

You have to work a year before you earn any vacation time

542thruNthru

Pretty much all of these questions will be in your contract book.

The contract book is spilt up into sections. These sections are color coded (at least in mine.) White pages are the National Master Agreement. The next would be your regional supplmental and after that would be any local rider that you may have.

Your questions would be in your supplemental/rider.

542thruNthru

1. No vacation in first year, you accrue weeks for the following year.

2. No, paid out.

3. Depends on your supplement.

4. Must bid on available openings.

5. Generally, FT seniority trumps PT. May vary according to supplement/rider.

These are all in the contract, it is online for your convenience.

Let me help you out...

#2 Depends on your supplement.

#3 Depends on your supplement.

#4 Depends on your supplement.

#5 Depends on your supplement.

:)

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif

That contract is wack

There are no more RPCD bids where I'm at. The highest 22 4 driver automatically gets it