10 hours off dot violation

What'dyabringmetoday???

non-CDL short-haul exception do not have to keep a log book. Though the company must keep accurate and true time records for 6 months showing: 1) the time the driver reports for duty each day; 2) the total number of hours the driver is on duty each day; 3) the time the driver is released from duty each day; and 4) the total time for the preceding 7 days in accordance with Section 395.8(j)(2) for drivers used for the first time or intermittently.

Again short haul exemption.

Have never passed one in a package car. I'd have to look up if we are required to.

And again... short haul exemption.
"The 30-minute break rule is mandatory unless you qualify for an exemption to it. For example, all short-haul drivers who operate within a 150 air mile radius of their starting location are exempt, as well as all non-CDL drivers who operate within a 150 air mile radius of their starting location."

They are not CDL holders. They are Non-CDL driver's and not required by DOT to take random drug tests.

Does UPS make some driver (like air drivers) follow DOT regulations when they don't have to? Absolutely but we as package car driver are subject to DOT regulations and have to have a DOT card.
Look and see if it mentions you must be off the clock within 12 hours if there is no log book...

542thruNthru

Look and see if it mentions you must be off the clock within 12 hours if there is no log book...
Screenshot_20220202-084743_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
non-CDL short-haul exception do not have to keep a log book. Though the company must keep accurate and true time records for 6 months showing: 1) the time the driver reports for duty each day; 2) the total number of hours the driver is on duty each day; 3) the time the driver is released from duty each day; and 4) the total time for the preceding 7 days in accordance with Section 395.8(j)(2) for drivers used for the first time or intermittently.

Again short haul exemption.

Have never passed one in a package car. I'd have to look up if we are required to.

And again... short haul exemption.
"The 30-minute break rule is mandatory unless you qualify for an exemption to it. For example, all short-haul drivers who operate within a 150 air mile radius of their starting location are exempt, as well as all non-CDL drivers who operate within a 150 air mile radius of their starting location."

They are not CDL holders. They are Non-CDL driver's and not required by DOT to take random drug tests.

Does UPS make some driver (like air drivers) follow DOT regulations when they don't have to? Absolutely but we as package car driver are subject to DOT regulations and have to have a DOT card.
And I was told to always drive in to a weigh station that was open, they waved us thru, but we had to go in.

Bud Dog

Told ya! 😝 Wrong
If you actually look at the page 452thrNthru posted it is for ”interstate” drivers. Which for you pea brain means crossing state lines. 99.999% of package car drivers are ”intrastate” which means they only drive in one state. Different set of rules.

UnionStrong

If you actually look at the page 452thrNthru posted it is for ”interstate” drivers. Which for you pea brain means crossing state lines. 99.999% of package car drivers are ”intrastate” which means they only drive in one state. Different set of rules.
Wrong

UnionStrong

Read the last paragraph, pin head.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I’m a feeder driver so my opinion probably doesn’t matter but it makes no difference for us if you are inter or intrastate. If there is a weigh station, and it’s open and you don’t have a pre pass, your ass better go in.

542thruNthru

First off. It's 542thruNthru.
Screenshot_20220202-135815_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Pretty sure I have tons of boxes from different states and even countries in my package car.

UnionStrong

C101699B-BA47-4B9E-B9F4-AF5578E3D5CB.gif