10 minute paid break?

rebel

I have heard about FT drivers getting a paid 10 minute break in addition to the 1 hour lunch. I have also seen on this site where some have said they get a 30 minute lunch. My district, we get the 1 hour lunch without a 10 minute break. I would like to hear what happens in other districts and if anyone in the southeast gets the paid 10 minute break.

kuff

In central Calif we get a 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks. Another 10 minutes after 10 hours on the clock.

wyobill

We use 50 minutes under lunch and 10 min paid break as of Monday. We use to put down an full hour under lunch. We have always had a 10 min paid break but never allowed to
take the 10 min. on top of the unpaid lunch hour.

1080Driver

In our local supplement, we get an hour lunch to be taken between 12:00 and 3:00. For each day, if we work more than 1/2 hour of overtime, we get paid an additional 15 minutes of OT, but without actually taking it. On our paychecks it shows as "Time Bonus"

Cole

In the Atlantic Area Supplement it's 1hr lunch and 10 minute break! RTD'S can only be used from June to December, Helpers Nov and December

Fullhouse

I'm in the Atlantic supp everything is the same but our Local 509 is letting UPS use helpers, starting today and all next week for the HD Spring Rally in Myrtle Beach and then again in two weeks for the Black Biker week.

rebel

any ideas on how to get this kick started in my area? Thanks for all of the replies. What article is it? Why is this in some areas and not in others?

local804

In our local supplement, we get an hour lunch to be taken between 12:00 and 3:00. For each day, if we work more than 1/2 hour of overtime, we get paid an additional 15 minutes of OT, but without actually taking it. On our paychecks it shows as "Time Bonus"

Same here

DS

Fenderbender
Where's our backpay?
Lets have another class action lawsuit!
Yea! Hey... lets see...10 min every day I worked over 10 hours....hmmmmm..... about 100 times a year
for 15 years= Tie help me with this...not great with math...

705red

Browncafe Steward
Lets have another class action lawsuit!
Yea! Hey... lets see...10 min every day I worked over 10 hours....hmmmmm..... about 100 times a year
for 15 years= Tie help me with this...not great with math...
Tie will probably pay you safety time to go away.

browniehound

Where I'm from its an hour lunch unpaid to be taken between your "4th and 5th hour"(I believe the contract states), with 2, 10 minute paid breaks, and a 20 min. "time bonus" if you work over 10 hours.

I've stated before that this is unnecessary time spent away from our families that us drivers are required to take if we are to be justly compensated. This means if we are dispatched with an 8.6 day, we are away from our lives for 10 hours and only getting paid for 9 hours.

I know I said this before, but why dock us 1 hour for lunch every day? I know why. Its so UPS dosen't have to pay overtime until 530 instead of 430 and we can make late pick-ups at straight time.

My next contract wish is to get rid of the 1-hour lunch. Let us "punch out" for lunch, and dock us for the time that we "punched out".