100 OTR Feeder Drivers Fired

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And I won't be rushed.

I never said to rush. I referred to spending 15 minutes everyday to install a radio and then 15 minutes to remove it.

15 minutes for a pre-trip may be a little slow, but not much they can do as long as you are just not standing there picking your nose.

Took months to get it as Workers Comp, as the company claimed break was personal time, and the employee was not on the clock.

And this is what ticks me off.

UPS knew they were going to lose this. They want to deny every claim almost making everyone get an attorney who takes 1/3.

And they will deny the next injury on break at the same building knowing workers comp already ruled against them in the same scenario.

Make them wait months and have to hire an attorney just to get their comp payment.

And UPS management wonders why we hate their guts. At least most of them.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Like I said, it takes what it takes. They can watch me. I'm not wasting time, but I'm very thorough. They used to tell me, from my start time until I moved, that it should take no more than 10 minutes, which any feeder driver who does a proper pre-trip will tell you is ridiculous. But when they follow me, they always tell me "good job". Go figure.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I guess by the time my air builds back up I'm close to 12-13 minutes, but that would also include a few minutes to find the tractor. I check everything I had to check when getting my CDL.

It kills me how many drivers are too lazy to do even a decent pretrip. I see a few every night who never even walk around the passenger side. These are usually the same jerks who won't post trip or red tag anything that needs worked on. They're also so special they can drop their dolly anywhere around the yard.

Johney

And this is what ticks me off

UPS knew they were going to lose this. They want to deny every claim almost making everyone get an attorney who takes 1/3.

And they will deny the next injury on break at the same building knowing workers comp already ruled against them in the same scenario.

Make them wait months and have to hire an attorney just to get their comp payment.

And UPS management wonders why we hate their guts. At least most of them.
Yet you tell me it can't happen? SMH.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yet you tell me it can't happen? SMH.

Yea, I did, didn't I.

But it does not happen here, and should not happen where there is a strong local. I have never seen a claim denied because the employee was off the clock.

But I guess it does happen in areas where UPS does what they want, irregardless of the union. According to @clean hairy, he saw one case.

Corporate UPS knows better.

Johney

Yea, I did, didn't I.

But it does not happen here, and should not happen where there is a strong local. I have never seen a claim denied because the employee was off the clock.

But I guess it does happen in areas where UPS does what they want, irregardless of the union. According to @clean hairy, he saw one case.

Corporate UPS knows better.
What happened here had nothing to do with UPS and everything to do with the comp carrier. I think that's the point I meant to get across.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I guess by the time my air builds back up I'm close to 12-13 minutes, but that would also include a few minutes to find the tractor. I check everything I had to check when getting my CDL.

It kills me how many drivers are too lazy to do even a decent pretrip. I see a few every night who never even walk around the passenger side. These are usually the same jerks who won't post trip or red tag anything that needs worked on. They're also so special they can drop their dolly anywhere around the yard.

Yep, laziness is a disease that will eventually catch up with them. But they end up making the rest of us more money.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What happened here had nothing to do with UPS and everything to do with the comp carrier. I think that's the point I meant to get across.

Got it.

But UPS is self insured. They have a company manage their comp, used to be Frank Gates, don't know who it is now. But a strong local can still put pressure on UPS to do the right thing.

UPS can, and should, instruct this company to take care of employees hurt on property off the clock.

I can see denying the claim of the guy who tripped and fell on the belt if they thought he tripped over his own 2 feet, but they supposedly denied the claim because he was off the clock.

UPS does have a say in this, but we know Corporate America cares less about their employees, and they wonder why we have an attitude. It trickles down from the top.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I thought we only turned in the yellow copy if there was an issue?
FMCSA rescinds the requirement that commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers operating in interstate commerce, except drivers of passenger-carrying CMVs, submit, and motor carriers retain, DVIRs when the driver has neither found nor been made aware of any vehicle defects or deficiencies. This rule also harmonizes the pre- and post-trip inspection lists. It responds in part to the President’s January 2011 Regulatory Review and Reform initiative, removing a significant information collection burden without adversely impacting safety. The Agency also makes a technical change to section 396.11 to eliminate redundant language.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I thought we only turned in the yellow copy if there was an issue?

UPS is committed to following a strong daily vehicle inspection program. U.S. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) regulations require all commercial motor vehicles to be inspected before and after each use. A recent D.O.T. rule change no longer requires drivers to file a Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (DVIR) when no equipment problems or safety concerns are identified. The DIAD AM and PM task lists will be updated on October 5 to reflect this change in regulations.

Johney

Let me ask this Mugarolla obviously I want no details, but have you yourself ever dealt with this company regarding workers comp?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Let me ask this Mugarolla obviously I want no details, but have you yourself ever dealt with this company regarding workers comp?

Sad to say, so many times that I became an expert on workers comp law

Never hired an attorney and never lost any of my claims.

Once or twice, they tried to stonewall me. Had to fight UPS, but it only took 2 weeks for the BWC to straighten UPS out.

Porkman

I find it interesting that it states that over 100 OTR drivers fired, but there is not one that can confirm that it happened. then again like me they might be tired of the same 10-15 people who reply to anything on this site, and bicker like old ladies at bingo!!