100 OTR Feeder Drivers Fired

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Anyone have info on this? Four from my building, 8 from a nearby building.

Can't vouch for the 100 number, but this has been happening for almost a year now.

Mileage drivers getting to their turn around, going on meal and then dropping and hooking, or whatever, but actually working while on meal.

Feeder telematics turned them in. Showed the tractor moving during meal, and then driving past the 8 hour mark. A DOT violation.

Had not heard about this lately, probably because of peak. You know, they look the other way when it benefits them.

I guess it is back.

Johney

I heard they were putting in their DOT required 1/2 hr break after 8, but the tires were turning...

Well, they get paid mileage. I *ASSUME* you would do it to get home sooner. They'd get paid the same as the mileage wouldn't change.

Can't vouch for the 100 number, but this has been happening for almost a year now.

Mileage drivers getting to their turn around, going on meal and then dropping and hooking, or whatever, but actually working while on meal.

Feeder telematics turned them in. Showed the tractor moving during meal, and then driving past the 8 hour mark. A DOT violation.

Had not heard about this lately, probably because of peak. You know, they look the other way when it benefits them.

I guess it is back.
So 100 feeder drivers risked a $100,000+ a year job to get home a 1/2 hr earlier? No way. There's gotta be more to this story.

Last edited:

ski or die

Ski or Die
Only management can falsify records. You know that.
I was a clerk (I was Union clerk) in delivery center doing payroll, collection of cod monies, and completing operation reports. Once, when a new large shopping mall was going in, management had me work with the number on allowances for mileage, pkg delivered and picked up each day until the allowances looked close for the driver. IE at the time had put in the numbers to start with and the driver was running 6 hours over everyday. Took me about a week adjusting the allowances until it was looking respectable. Then someone just happened to come to our center who eventually was to become our District Manager. He was looking over the reports at the very time I was making adjustments. There was no reprecussions to the Center Manager or myself. The new District Manager and I became good friends because he could see IE could not provide accurate info and I was able to come up with better allowances just sitting a desk.