100 pound boxes coming down the shoot

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Your old ass is really starting to implement those emojis lately. :)

Still have to figure out downloading... in the Stone Age compared to these kids.

Have to get my computer programming son to teach me...I have a lot of Monty Python and Dr Strangelove clips ready, also music videos to share. 😎

dudebro

What settlement should I request aside from stop doing it?I snapped I got a picture of a 102lb box and an 85 pound box on the rollers
Go have a conversation with the Teamster brothers or sisters who sorted it to your belt, and picked it off to your chute. Unless those pics you snapped are of mgmt doing bargaining unit work...

polyp

Go have a conversation with the Teamster brothers or sisters who sorted it to your belt, and picked it off to your chute. Unless those pics you snapped are of mgmt doing bargaining unit work...
This is really where the pressure point is. Try to see if you can get your tender or pickoff to stop production and demand assistance for lifting an over 70.

Otherwise grieve away, but understand you are just leaving a paper trail for whoever eventually gets hurt to utilize.

newfie

Sure,but if not I just want it to stop it is getting out of hand.I will start filing everyday on it regardless of financial gain
you realize the solution may be to discipline a union brother who unloaded the package and sorted it down your chute?

polyp

you realize the solution may be to discipline a union brother who unloaded the package and sorted it down your chute?
And then they grieve for art 44 sec 2. All over 70s are supposed to have high vis irreg tape on all sides. Or op could skip straight to grieving under that.

If the packages do have the tape (doubt it) I find it kinda hard to muster sympathy with our poor pickoff and unloaders.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
We are in an automated warehouse

Swanson

It has been going on for about 3 months now and it gets worse each day I get about 5 to 7 over 70's at least.Thats not just on my shift either I double it's on both sorts I work.I've got at my unit manager several times about it nothing is done.It is only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt because of it.I am sure the unload manager has alot to do with it as well as the unloaders.If a union member is disciplined so we could all make it home safe at the end of the day so be it. There is no other way to make it stop,our health and safety is the bottom priority at my hub.

It has been going on for about 3 months now and it gets worse each day I get about 5 to 7 over 70's at least.Thats not just on my shift either I double it's on both sorts I work.I've got at my unit manager several times about it nothing is done.It is only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt because of it.I am sure the unload manager has alot to do with it as well as the unloaders.If a union member is disciplined so we could all make it home safe at the end of the day so be it. There is no other way to make it stop,our health and safety is the bottom priority at my hub.
Going to have to get safety involved from both the Union side and the company side. If a member of management is disciplined over it, so be it.

Swanson

Going to have to get safety involved from both the Union side and the company side. If a member of management is disciplined over it, so be it.
I tend to think it's more on management and not a rouge unloader, due to the fact I am working at least 3 to 4 different doors each sort and it's the same.The manager on unload is just being reckless and turning a blind eye probably because he is getting away with it.

Swanson

Bring it up to your safety committee. Request bargaining unit assistance for all over 70’s. They’ll get the message.
I don't know if we have a safety committee I just filed a grievance under article 44 section3 and I am going to text the photos I took to my ba

I tend to think it's more on management and not a rouge unloader, due to the fact I am working at least 3 to 4 different doors each sort and it's the same.The manager on unload is just being reckless and turning a blind eye probably because he is getting away with it.
Sup not training unloaders in proper procedures for non compatible packages. And or trying to save time in the unload.

Cowboy Mac

I don't know if we have a safety committee I just filed a grievance under article 44 section3 and I am going to text the photos I took to my ba
Every building has a safety committee. That’s in the contract. If you feel this strongly about safety you should join the committee.

Swanson

Sup not training unloaders in proper procedures for non compatible packages. And or trying to save time in the unload.
Well from now on everytime I see it I am going to document the time, the door, and file either under article 44 section 3 or article 18 section 22. Do tire rims in a box qualify under article 18 section 22?

Section 22. Incompatible Package Handling
The Employer agrees that all irregular or incompatible packages
such as bars, buckets, exposed metal parts, tire rims, etc., shall be
given special handling in accordance with UPS handling methods
and local conditions.