100k Club

U

uber

Quit bragging.

I'm a 6 year UPS PT'er. I made $18,000 last year while double-shifting most of peak.

I'm still waiting on my piece of the pie.

Signed,

Miserable Part-Timer.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Quit bragging.

I'm a 6 year UPS PT'er. I made $18,000 last year while double-shifting most of peak.

I'm still waiting on my piece of the pie.

Signed,

Miserable Part-Timer.
Don't blame me for the lack of you going FT, blame the FT slugs that don't want to work and take up your slot.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I haven't made over $70K in the last 3-4 years.

I agree with Over---I would not want to join the $100K Club.

Exactly Dave. For 7 years I was on a route that I loved and never made over $70k. Then I got bumped and got a new route that is ok but certainly not where I want to spend the next 20 years but last year I made $78k. When asked by bosses how I like it I tell them, "I got an $8k raise that I didn't want." Oddly, I get a puzzled look.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Didnt you drive for like three weeks. So you drove for 162 hours combined and you didn't complain. Good job

Remember the old days?
To get promoted into management, you had to drive for one year.
They left my management position open for 2 months until I got the official 12 months in.
I drove for 16 months in an 18 month period and loved it.
Scratched on my 18th day and became a swing driver on my 23rd day after my 22nd day review.
The best job I ever had at UPS.

I'm not naive though, it was already getting boring and monotonous and my body would not have held up if I had stayed.
I would have gone to feeder eventually making runs in the middle of the night and one night I would have gone to sleep and crashed into a bridge support killing me instantly and that would have been a great loss for you because you would not get the benefit of my snoozing, long-winded posts.

Remember the old days?
To get promoted into management, you had to drive for one year.
They left my management position open for 2 months until I got the official 12 months in.
I drove for 16 months in an 18 month period and loved it.
Scratched on my 18th day and became a swing driver on my 23rd day after my 22nd day review.
The best job I ever had at UPS.

I'm not naive though, it was already getting boring and monotonous and my body would not have held up if I had stayed.
I would have gone to feeder eventually making runs in the middle of the night and one night I would have gone to sleep and crashed into a bridge support killing me instantly and that would have been a great loss for you because you would not get the benefit of my snoozing, long-winded posts.
Relax I know you are an old old timer. I respect old timers more than you could possibly imagine. You are from a time when a supervisor actually had to walk the walk before they could talk the talk. This is one of the reasons this company is going down hill. Not enough old timers,not enough respect for the old timers ways, and just not acknowledging the past of this great company.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Relax I know you are an old old timer. I respect old timers more than you could possibly imagine. You are from a time when a supervisor actually had to walk the walk before they could talk the talk. This is one of the reasons this company is going down hill. Not enough old timers,not enough respect for the old timers ways, and just not acknowledging the past of this great company.
And these are some of many reasons as to why I'm trying to build my warchest. I'm not so sure we're doing things that will have lasting, beneficial effects for the company and the employees.

brown bomber

brown bomber
when I started driving the preload supervisors actually knew the routes...they had area knowledge..they could walk into your car, tell you what split to pull and know where that split should be placed...on-car sups actually understood the difficulties and challenges of being a driver and they wanted to help you to balance your life between work and family

brown bomber

brown bomber
Oh and by the way the most I ever made was 60K.......and that was 10 yrs., before I retired,,,,,,,,,,,I was quite happy and successful making 50-55K my last 10 yrs

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just made a 200 dollar bet with another driver I'll hit 100k in 2013. I'll hit 95 this year easily if peak this year is close to last years peak volume. Kinda curious how many of you have hit the "milestone" 6 figures yet, and if so, what are few tips that you could give? I'm not intrested in anything that envolves bonus or compromising integrity by consorting with management. I already get late pickups that no one else wants and my neighbor routes know I'll help them take their stops off if they're heavy, anything else you could suggest?

Start filing grievances now and keep filing on air drivers and supes doing our work.
By the time they make it through the process it will easily be 2013.
The settlement money could easily help you meet your goal.