100k Club

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got you all beat. With my pension, my wifes pension, my social security and our investments I made damn near that much without lifting a finger.

Buck Fifty

Remember the old days?
To get promoted into management, you had to drive for one year.
They left my management position open for 2 months until I got the official 12 months in.
I drove for 16 months in an 18 month period and loved it.
Scratched on my 18th day and became a swing driver on my 23rd day after my 22nd day review.
The best job I ever had at UPS.

I'm not naive though, it was already getting boring and monotonous and my body would not have held up if I had stayed.
I would have gone to feeder eventually making runs in the middle of the night and one night I would have gone to sleep and crashed into a bridge support killing me instantly and that would have been a great loss for you because you would not get the benefit of my snoozing, long-winded posts.

ZZZZZZZZZ....:sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2:<<<< this ones me !

L

Loufan

6 figures, nice. I hope i can be a driver soon so i can start getting some real money.

BrownArmy

Just made a 200 dollar bet with another driver I'll hit 100k in 2013. I'll hit 95 this year easily if peak this year is close to last years peak volume. Kinda curious how many of you have hit the "milestone" 6 figures yet, and if so, what are few tips that you could give? I'm not intrested in anything that envolves bonus or compromising integrity by consorting with management. I already get late pickups that no one else wants and my neighbor routes know I'll help them take their stops off if they're heavy, anything else you could suggest?

Send me $200, I'll give you the secrets...

(I know you take your lunch and your breaks...you're off to a good start, but you need coaching...)

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Getting home at bed time 100K Spending quality time with family and friends priceless. Most of my career has been getting home late but would have traded it for time with my family.

brownrod

anything else you could suggest?

Follow trace! That will work with the friend'd up routes in my center! :D

I'm at 55k for the year. Several drivers in my center (that I know of) are already over 60k. We will, for sure, have a hand full break of 100k mark. I expect to make between 85k and 90k if peak is like it usually is for me.

kingOFchester

I've got you all beat. With my pension, my wifes pension, my social security and our investments I made damn near that much without lifting a finger.

But you are taking into consideration income form your wife. That changes the amount we all make if that is part of the equation.

I find it interesting how people feel that making more money equates to being more happy. I find it more beneficial to live well below my means. I would rather cut 20k off the family budget and forgo 20k of income, then use the extra time to spend with love ones. You can't put a price on seeing a smile on your kids chocolate covered face with that twinkle in their eye. Rather give up the nice car, the perfect house, dinners out, cell phones that can communicate with mars, name brand clothing, 500 channels of crap on cable and the like so that I can live happy spending time with my family then making money to spend on crap.

I don't think many people say "I wish I had worked more" on their death bed.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
When they have to use 6 punches we've had issues in the past with management using cover drivers before asking people who signed the additional work bid sheet. As a result they now come to those who sign it for 6 punch days in senority, which I'm part of. At 47.75, delivering out of a bread truck, with 20ish stops for 4 hours, it's pretty much the easiest payday you'll get.
I was told I could not drive Saturdays anymore because I work 6pm fri-3am into Saturday. ;( There are PTs with less seniority taking those 6th punch hours. I don't really agree with that. Saturday air is easy.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I remember back when there were a group of drivers who called themselves "The 700 Club" because they were taking home more than $700 a week which was a big deal at the time, now a rookie driver does that in his first week. I'll bust 80K this year and that's plenty for me, I have no desire to hit 100.

NHDRVR

But you are taking into consideration income form your wife. That changes the amount we all make if that is part of the equation.

I find it interesting how people feel that making more money equates to being more happy. I find it more beneficial to live well below my means. I would rather cut 20k off the family budget and forgo 20k of income, then use the extra time to spend with love ones. You can't put a price on seeing a smile on your kids chocolate covered face with that twinkle in their eye. Rather give up the nice car, the perfect house, dinners out, cell phones that can communicate with mars, name brand clothing, 500 channels of crap on cable and the like so that I can live happy spending time with my family then making money to spend on crap.

I don't think many people say "I wish I had worked more" on their death bed.

I couldn't agree more... I think it's great that drivers are able to make that amount if they choose to do so and the overtime is always available which not many companies can claim but no one can put a value on personal time.

I have had a running argument (friendly) with another driver who last year hit 96.5k and is near retirement. His plan for when he is finished is to be able to travel whenever he wants and buy a new car when he wants etc, and to not work. I plan on getting a part time job just to keep busy so he says I am NOT retired then. It's all relative to the individual...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I thought this too add the wife's school in or should I say subtract and I'll prob only make 40k in 2013. Oh well graduation day is dec 19 2013 and in 2014 we should be over 250k. Everyone keeps asking when I'm going to quit. Let's see school loans house 300 acre farm save for retirement. Won't be quitting anytime soon.