12 dollars an hour starting wage

Narlis

in my hub everyone is talking about how the new hires are getting 12 dollars an hour now, stewards even say its a real thing...

what gives? just went through that huge contract and raised the wage up, was that still not enough?

is this happening to anyone else?

Narlis

no we didnt see the bump yet, i been with the company for about a year.

i heard everyone is going up to 12 dollars atleast, but people are saying its year round and not just for season..

i was hoping more hubs around the country were doing the same thing and i could get real information because everyone i talk to has no clue whats going on... they just know the new hires are getting 12 now...

PT Car Washer

With the massive turn over in preload and hub operations UPS needs to be more realistic in what they pay employees. Pay drivers almost $35/hr and PT $35 a day.

Narlis

yeah i was shocked to see how much driver pay is, i dont know how to drive a stick yet, im going to be a seasonal helper to get experience then i will most-likely try to become a driver.

Working in the hub is a lot of fun, i love the competition when unloading and the ease of sorting.

The 40-50 dollars in my paycheck each week would really help with food or other little things... that is if we got the raise and my sort dollar would go on top of that (hopefully)

UPS4Life

My building changed the starting pay to 10.50 when the contract went into affect "last year". Part timers already with the company got a bump up in pay

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

If everyone elses are going up too, I wouldn't worry, and enjoy it after a few weeks, just in case they want it back.

EastBrown N Down

I was hired less than a month ago, and I get 11/hr. And I have to chase the ft sup around daily and get him to manually change my start time so I get paid fully..