12 dollars an hour starting wage

UpsAngel

Article 22 Section.5 (b)
All employees who reached seniority after august 1 2013.
Start: sort:11.00. Other:10.00
Seniority (1year): sort:11:50. Other:10.50

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2013-2018 master agreement
BS. There is skilled and unskilled PTers. Whether or not you sort, unload or load....the preload shift is considered skilled, the local sort is considered unskilled. Local sort new hires make a dollar less an hour than preload. Therefore, all preload new hires make 11/hr to start....SORTING has nothing to do with it.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I thought it was $11 for preload

BS. There is skilled and unskilled PTers. Whether or not you sort, unload or load....the preload shift is considered skilled, the local sort is considered unskilled. Local sort new hires make a dollar less an hour than preload. Therefore, all preload new hires make 11/hr to start....SORTING has nothing to do with it.

It's $10 for Preload; here, the $1 premium ($11) is given only to loaders. All other jobs (everything in the input, small sort as well as pick-offs) do not earn it. Not certain about clerks as all of ours are FT. Many of us were hired in another era when the premium was given to everybody, and we've been grandfathered - my time card code is "UNSKILLED" but I've never lost the $1. Nationally, the #1 job shortage is warehouse workers, so in some locations I expect local management desperately gives the $1 to everybody still.

There have been many postings on here in the past in which UPS has argued that PAS & automated sorts do not qualify for the $1. Here, the sorters should earn it but nobody has filed on it.

Our Input steward is a :censored2:bag, at best. The blacks in the back voted in a block & made sure one of their own was the representative & soon after he got a cushy job as one of only a few people who get to SPA all day, instead of having to unload or sort (we rotate). He'll throw you under the bus in order to get brownie points necessary to keep it.

UpsAngel

UpsAngel

I pretty sure by sort they mean skilled. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Article 22 Section.5 (b)
All employees who reached seniority after august 1 2013.
Start: sort:11.00. Other:10.00
Seniority (1year): sort:11:50. Other:10.50
that's not the national contract.
2013-2018 master agreement

Preload is a sorting(skilled) job, unless you are an unloader. @bleedinbrown58 , you are wrong.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Unloaders at my center fall under other. They do not get that extra $1.
Maybe that's in your local supplement...not in my local. All preloaders start at the same rate. New hires are bounced around from unload to loading like ping pong balls. Do you honestly think that their hourly rate will vary a dollar depending on where they worked on a particular day?? No! You can hit that disagree button all you want...it doesn't mean you're right.

Funny, you couldn't figure out the bottom of your paystub to determine your number of sick days....and you have to ask whether a preloader who's been here six years longer than you has seniority over you..but suddenly you're Rainman with the contract. Riiight.