12 hour violation?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Honestly I'm happy with 11 hours no more no less. I was just wondering the reason for it and if it was other buildings or just ours.

Think about this statement for a second.

11 hours per day works out to 55 hours per week.

Throw in a 1 hour unpaid lunch and you are on road for 60 hours every week.

Toss in another 15-30 minutes per day (if you show up early) and that is another hour.

Add in your commute (30-60 minutes round trip on average) and you are away from home for 63.5 to 66 hours every week. That is just insane.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Think about this statement for a second.

11 hours per day works out to 55 hours per week.

Throw in a 1 hour unpaid lunch and you are on road for 60 hours every week.

Toss in another 15-30 minutes per day (if you show up early) and that is another hour.

Add in your commute (30-60 minutes round trip on average) and you are away from home for 63.5 to 66 hours every week. That is just insane.
And yet you don't calculate how much time people spend on the computer or watching TV. I can honestly say I spend maybe 1-2 hours a week on DVR shows, skipping commercials, maybe 10 hours a week on the internet.

Some of us supplement mindless drivel for other mindless drivel that pays almost $50/hr.

ManInBrown

We had an 8pm curfew for about 3 days a few years ago

Guess what geniuses, if you want me back before 8, then you best not give me more work than that. Absolute morons. It's just another game they play. Let's put a curfew out, and see if we can get drivers to run around like a chicken with their head cut off to get finished.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Lol, don't come to Feeders boys! Haven't been under 12 in about 3 weeks.
(Yes, it is insane..)
Amen sister!!!!
Funny thing is the longest day I had this week was 12.33 hours and I never went more than 30 miles each way running back and forth between our second hub and an Amazon warehouse 4 times. LOL. The other 3 days I drove to upstate NY and back and worked 11.47, 10.83 and 10.5.

Est.1998

Funny thing is they preach this but send us out with more stops! Typical UPS logic. Under Petty Supervisors =ups
I delivered to a guy today who's now retired that ran the route I was covering. He asked me how many stops it has now. I told him approx 140. He shook his head, chuckled, and said "when i drove, it had no more than 95-100." If I had 100 stops on that route, I'd be home everyday before 5:30pm

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I delivered to a guy today who's now retired that ran the route I was covering. He asked me how many stops it has now. I told him approx 140. He shook his head, chuckled, and said "when i drove, it had no more than 95-100." If I had 100 stops on that route, I'd be home everyday before 5:30pm
Did he also mention we weren't delivering couches and were driving non power steering stick shift trucks?

Est.1998

Did he also mention we weren't delivering couches and were driving non power steering stick shift trucks?
Haven't delivered a couch yet but did have three 80lb boxes that, for some reason only the universe knows, went to homes that were built on the steepest hills. My legs and knees stay feeling tight.

OptimusPrime

I would also lose my mind if I were asked to work anywhere near 12 hours per day.

I'm with you on this one. Work with a bunch of guys who are up to their eyeballs in over extended debt. Crazy house payment, $55,000 pickup, old lady racking up credit card bills, you name it. They want to go out there and milk :censored2: all day to get 12 hours? So be it. But don't rope me into your mess when I get done at 5:30 and you are crying about needing help.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Amen sister!!!!
Funny thing is the longest day I had this week was 12.33 hours and I never went more than 30 miles each way running back and forth between our second hub and an Amazon warehouse 4 times. LOL. The other 3 days I drove to upstate NY and back and worked 11.47, 10.83 and 10.5.

Kingston is NOT Upstate. :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have two recent (< 5 years) retirees on my route. Both retired just before the big push on SPC. One has moved on and rarely asks me about his route while the other asks me every time I see him.

Johney

Amen sister!!!!
Did you stop and flatten Dave's tires?