12 hour violation?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
No they aren't.

To be able to log off duty, you must be relieved of all duty and responsibility, and at liberty to pursue activities of your own choosing.

I was in a rental last week so I had to have the 7 previous days of log sheets printed out by dispatch. My 10 minute breaks are logged as off duty by the ups system.

If I were hauling fuel or other restricted items it would be on duty since I could not leave the vehicle unattended.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I will not drive over 60 hours of paid time...when they told me to come in after I told them to send the message to my board that breaks didn't count they backed off real quick...I've been picked up on road numerous time because I hit 60...bottom line is they choose which rules to follow when it helps them...they've told me you gotta be off by so and so time and it matched up with the time I had with breaks

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I will not drive over 60 hours of paid time...when they told me to come in after I told them to send the message to my board that breaks didn't count they backed off real quick...I've been picked up on road numerous time because I hit 60...bottom line is they choose which rules to follow when it helps them...they've told me you gotta be off by so and so time and it matched up with the time I had with breaks

It only changed here a couple of years ago. We always counted breaks as on duty.

We were told that the UPS labor lawyers said that they had it wrong all this time and that breaks are off duty.

Which, according to the DOT, is correct and has always been off duty under Hours of Service.

If your center wants to count them as on duty, work as directed.