15 years FT possibility of early retirement. ?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And he’s a MOD here ? Great. I see this going nowhere like most all the threads here then if he’s already trolling. Lolol.

thanks for the information. I see your east coast DC.
Born and raised NY. Loved my DC trips as a kid.
He's not a mod either...
And yes, east coast is the best coast

UPS4E

And maybe you didn’t read the post. I said I’m calling first thing Monday morning. And have an appointment with an Atty for next week.
Just trying to see if any other fellow teamsters had any experiences.
of course you can’t take anything on these boards as the law. Just asking a question. Without having a moderator coming in and derailing the tread with his humor.

Listen NO ONE here is going to be able to help you . You need to call your hall and or talk to your local business agent . Ever situation is different.

UPS4E

Awesome. Then just another troll. Trolls are everywhere on every board. I’d usually just delete there accounts and be done with them. But this forum seems to thrive on the trolling humor.

He's not a mod either...
And yes, east coast is the best coast

UPS4E

Where are you located ?

And again everyone. I understand no one here can give me the correct information. I’m just looking to see if maybe someone who’s been in the same sinking boat lol.

I’ve lurked here for years. Just thought I’d come in and ask.
Got a little bored,we have some bad fires going on right now. We’re in no danger. But the smoke isnt good for me.

Once Monday comes I’ll be on the phone with my rep
And I have an appointment with a good Wc/disability Atty.

Here you would be pretty close.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Where are you located ?

And again everyone. I understand no one here can give me the correct information. I’m just looking to see if maybe someone who’s been in the same sinking boat lol.

I’ve lurked here for years. Just thought I’d come in and ask.
Got a little bored,we have some bad fires going on right now. We’re in no danger. But the smoke isnt good for me.

Once Monday comes I’ll be on the phone with my rep
And I have an appointment with a good Wc/disability Atty.
northeast US

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Wonder how it compares to the west coast. Thanks.
This is from 2012:
upload_2019-10-26_15-31-34.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-26_15-30-12.png
    upload_2019-10-26_15-30-12.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 230

rod

Retired 22 years
You'd get about 3300/month in my local, not sure about Western States. Don't you Guys have Peer 80 or some such?
Holy Crap--I only get 3k a month and that's for 30 years service. I doubt 15 years would even get you a grand here.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Holy Crap--I only get 3k a month and that's for 30 years service. I doubt 15 years would even get you a grand here.
3k was worth a lot more when you first started drawing your pension though. One the biggest problems with our pensions is that they're not indexed to inflation, if we average 3% inflation per year in 15 years your pension has actually shrunk by 45% even though the dollar amount is the same.

PT Car Washer

3k was worth a lot more when you first started drawing your pension though. One the biggest problems with our pensions is that they're not indexed to inflation, if we average 3% inflation per year in 15 years your pension has actually shrunk by 45% even though the dollar amount is the same.
The pension fund is going broke fast enough without indexing inflation. All that will do is bankrupt the fund sooner and everyone loses.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The pension fund is going broke fast enough without indexing inflation. All that will do is bankrupt the fund sooner and everyone loses.
Wasn't suggesting that they should be indexed, just pointing out that if you plan to retire early you need to take that into account.

rod

Retired 22 years
The government says there is only 1.5% inflation this year :-)---at least that is what the SS raise is suppose to be.

UPSER1987

Awesome. Then just another troll. Trolls are everywhere on every board. I’d usually just delete there accounts and be done with them. But this forum seems to thrive on the trolling humor.

Mostly just a bunch of old bitter dudes with nothing better to do than make unfunny jokes and memes.

Talk to several people at work in the know. You’ll never get real info here.

UPS4E

Mostly just a bunch of old bitter dudes with nothing better to do than make unfunny jokes and memes.

Talk to several people at work in the know. You’ll never get real info here.
Yeah it’s all good. They cleaned it all up so that’s cool.
Was just trying to see if Anne had any personal experience Thanks everyone with info