16 yr old BMW driver slams into a parked UPS truck

Cowboy Mac

As horrific as this crash was, how much you want to bet his sups are blaming him for his parking position and not having hazards on
It’s sad. I hope they lock up the driver of that car and throw away the key. Probably won’t happen in NY since he’s not Donald Trump.
I guess every state's different but here you can't even drive with a learner's parent unless your parent is in the car.
If you're under 18 with a regular driver's license you cannot drive with somebody under 18 unless it's one of your siblings
Let’s be honest. Is it an age problem or a parenting problem? I see grown adults driving recklessly all the time.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I was almost hit while in a crosswalk, pushing a shopping cart today.
The woman was too busy looking at her cell phone in her left hand to be bothered to look around her.

PPH_over_9000

RIP to the young passenger that passed
It's strange, though.... I was pulled into an office about two weeks ago over my backing and I expressed that I didn't want to block roadways that didn't have shoulders (backroads through the woods) so the safest thing in my mind was to pull into the driveway, but if I don't KNOW that driveway and can't guarantee a turnaround, I'm going to avoid backing OUT of the driveway blindly onto a backroad that moves at 45mph minimum by swinging wide when traffic clears and backing INTO the driveway to make the delivery (that was a hell of a sentence, I hope y'all can make sense out of it.)

I was instructed to pop the hazards and block the road.

Then yesterday I see this video and I thank God that it hasn't happened to me following management's :censored2: instruction, which I don't think I'll ever follow again because the video I saw was proof positive that management doesn't give a damn about actual safety. (Granted, I don't know if the driver involved has received the same type of coaching I have but I can only assume that he has.)

As soon as they get their car here they start driving, but I live in the third world where anything goes.

Third world? So, like... Is it more of a Detroit third world, or is it more like Bolivia and Cambodia?

I can't even lie, I never imagined UPS to be on the ground in any third world countries but it kind of makes sense.

Last edited:

Sixth Punch Sense

As horrific as this crash was, how much you want to bet his sups are blaming him for his parking position and not having hazards on
Flashers don't matter in this case. Park position, maybe. Seems to be a very busy road with no driveways? Maybe there is alley where the garages are? Even parking on the side road leading to the highway.

Regardless the driver in the sport car was 100% at fault and if the UPS driver was parked somewhere else maybe there are more deaths.

Flashers don't matter in this case. Park position, maybe. Seems to be a very busy road with no driveways? Maybe there is alley where the garages are? Even parking on the side road leading to the highway.

Regardless the driver in the sport car was 100% at fault and if the UPS driver was parked somewhere else maybe there are more deaths.
I'm sure that poor UPS driver is going through hell right now

Sixth Punch Sense

He did nothing wrong but I'm sure the company will find a way to say that he did

Especially after somebody got killed
Actually wonder if they go the other way. The poor family that lost their daughter is going to sue everyone. UPS best interest is to say he did the job perfectly to protect the company.

Regardless feel bad for everyone involved. I was a dumb 16 year old at one time.