1st time for everything

over9five

Staff member
I remember a trainer(not at UPS) told me a long long time ago when I was training to learn to drive a tractor trailer that when you hear a loud bang in close proximity to you , assume it's a blowout and to increase your speed for the following reasons. It may be one of your steer tires and if it is the left , you will pull to the left and if the right one , you will pull to the right.

But you don't know yet which one it is until you start getting pulled to one side or another. By increasing your speed , you are increasing the vector (physics) and let's call it vector 1, that is pulling you in a straight line. This will help over power the newly added vector(vector2) ( from the blown out tire) that wants to pull you to the side.

What's our vector, Victor?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Things like that are why wives should let their husbands do the posting if they choose to.

Are you saying they should stay in the kitchen and make sandwiches?

Depends on the hotness level

Guess that makes me an awesome wife. Not only do I make his sandwiches, i clean his uniforms, our house, I work from home and I home school our girls.
photobucket-spank.gif

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Sterling=Turdling

I wish I could have done my production week in a Sterling. The worst shifting Sterling is still smoother than the best single screw International I've ever driven. The twin screw International tractors with almost the same tractor numbers are so much nicer to drive than the single screws.

Gear

Parts on Order
I wish I could have done my production week in a Sterling. The worst shifting Sterling is still smoother than the best single screw International I've ever driven. The twin screw International tractors with almost the same tractor numbers are so much nicer to drive than the single screws.

Single screw, twin screw. Are those UPS terms for single and double axles? Or terms from somewhere else?