1st time Sleeper Run

preloader2driver

Long story short another driver and I have only been in feeders about a month and with max vacation next week because of thanksgiving a feeder run was put up but no one has bid on it so it’s available. Management was going to force the bottom 2 guys to run it so the other driver I mentioned earlier and I(we just passed feeder class 4 weeks ago)volunteered since both of us have never done one. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Knothead

Yep.
Bring a couple pillows, a couple blankets, a jug to relieve your bladder, some snacks and some water. When it's your time to sleep, make sure you go back and sleep. When it's your time to drive do everything you can to make sure your partner is able to get good rest. Smooth starts and stops, try to avoid large bumps, and no excessive noise or light from the cab.

Living on the road can be annoying and stressful at times. A good and positive attitude goes a long way. Do your best to maintain peace in that cab and be respectful and understanding of your co-driver. There are few things worse than being trapped for days in tight quarters with someone you can't stand.

Most of all, make good choices. Know where your next turn around is, know how to get there, and get there as efficiently and safely as you can. If possible, get the phone numbers for CMG, the feeder offices of the places you go, and don't be afraid to ask someone for help or advice.

Good luck.

ManInBrown

What a cluster. That’s what happens though, bottom guys get boned with holiday weeks, no pun intended. Speak to some sleeper drivers you work with. From what I’ve been told just in passing conversation, there’s so many ins and outs with sleeper. The way you code everything.

preloader2driver

What a cluster. That’s what happens though, bottom guys get boned with holiday weeks, no pun intended. Speak to some sleeper drivers you work with. From what I’ve been told just in passing conversation, there’s so many ins and outs with sleeper. The way you code everything.
Yeah that’s probably what I’m worried about the most just want to make sure I get paid correctly