2 days on time network... 2 days where it feels like 2005

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You son of a bitch
ezgif-1-36a60d2be3.gif

You know the UPS way. Throw a 2 for 1 coupon your way and you will be back.
This :censored2: doesn't make any sense. They are oapayi drivers to not work. Yes they aren't getting money on their paycheck but they are still getting benefits for not working

The math they use is absolutely ridiculous. Let's give a route that picks up a ton of packages a handful of extra home stops, so they make stops per car. Heaven forbid those routes get back to the building early so they can be processed.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
So... ontime network. We’ve heard this before right?

This push seems to be much different than the othersf, pick up times have been changed, airport plane departure times have been changed... in my building lots has been changed...

The result?

Honestly amazing. Most of my center has been off by 7pm. I’m happy as :censored2: these past 2 days. I have been heading in after my last pick up the past 2 days.... so let’s think about this...

Why now?

This could have happened anytime over the past couple years. I straight up told my center manager that I felt this was an absolute front, and I felt this was done directly to get yes votes. I told him this after our pcm the past couple days where they claimed

“this is done to get us done at a reasonable time so we can get home to our family, and so our customer are happy with ontime air service”

Absolute bs. This is 100% for yes votes. I’ll be honest, even my sour ass will enjoy my job a lot more if I keep getting home and get to enjoy an hour of sun lite

My purpose of this thread is to inspire thought.... why now? Why the hard push? Why?

Think about it....
Same thing is going on around here.... Everyone is loving it Actually feel like a human

iowa boy

What is this 'on-time' network we are talking about? Around here we have the same start time, stop counts have ticked up between 15 and 25 stops per route due to this new CIR crap that is "supposed" to save us so much time.

We sent out 2 routes yesterday that were dispatched with over 200 stops, our stupid bozo computer says 200 stops in town is a 7 hour dispatch. 5 years ago, these same routes had a 140 stop day that was 8 hours by the same bozo 'puter.

Now I don't know about all the younger folks that we have now, but there is no way in hell this old guy is even gonna even attempt 30 stops per hour to make my numbers look good.

Oh, almost forgot, they moved our air truck departure time up 15 minutes last year as the "plane was gonna depart for Louisville earlier", but it still leaves at the same time it did a year ago.

And we still have drivers going out with 10 plus hour dispatchs that can't make the air truck and management can't figure out what the problem is...

Shocking, I know.

Last edited:

DOK

I'm not accepting 70 hour work weeks for a few month of 9 hour days. If the proposal is garbage it's gonna be a NO vote!
Honestly corporate is smarter than 90% of drivers. I’m not stupid nor do I buy into this bs. Sad thing is, the mentality in my center has legit made a 180 the last 2 days. If ups can keep this 8:30am to 6:30-7 pm schedule into July, all the room temperature iq idiots will vote yes. Come sept, it will be back to 9:00pm clock out normal.

Sounds nice where you are. Are preload has never gotten done later than what it is now and us drivers are getting loaded up with 10+ hours. Must be nice.

j13501

What is this 'on-time' network we are talking about?

Iowa boy, you should know what "on time network" is if you worked in the Iowa district twenty years ago. Then District Manager Rocky R. was the father of the concept that the entire network works best if drivers are dispatched between 8 hours and 9.5 hours. He was so successful at reducing driver paid day and making all the cost & service numbers that he was promoted to the East Central and Southeast Region manager. It worked great and provided a balance between driver hours and service/cost. Unfortunately, he retired 7 years ago and this sounds like the first attempt to bring back a very successful program!

35years

Gravy route
They didn't change anything here except...
At PCM they mention everyone has a light dispatch (untrue)
Then when you punch out at 9-9.5 hours they make it a point to say "you had a good dispatch today".

No!
8-8.5 is a good dispatch.
Our entire hub used to get in from 4PM to 6:30 PM when I started driving.

The goal was an average 8.3-8.3 paid day.

Nothing more than a ploy for a yes vote. Unless we get real language limiting hours we will be back to 70 hour weeks every November and December, and 10+ hour dispatches the rest of the year.

This crap means nothing unless guaranteed by strong language in the contract.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
Iowa boy, you should know what "on time network" is if you worked in the Iowa district twenty years ago. Then District Manager Rocky R. was the father of the concept that the entire network works best if drivers are dispatched between 8 hours and 9.5 hours. He was so successful at reducing driver paid day and making all the cost & service numbers that he was promoted to the East Central and Southeast Region manager. It worked great and provided a balance between driver hours and service/cost. Unfortunately, he retired 7 years ago and this sounds like the first attempt to bring back a very successful program!
BS
He was my district manager.
30+ 9.5 grievances filed by me during that time frame.
Under allowed and over 9.5 nearly every day.

You have to go back 30 years to see actual control over hours.

This is a temporary "initiative" to garner yes votes.