2 days on time network... 2 days where it feels like 2005

j13501

BS
He was my district manager.
30+ 9.5 grievances filed by me during that time frame.
Under allowed and over 9.5 nearly every day.

Then you were the exception. The facts don't lie. Iowa had a great paid day...say anything you want about Rocky, but he wasn't a hypocrite. He believed that a controlled paid day for drivers would also result in positive results for the company.

Regarding you comment on this being a "temporary" initiative, I have no comment. I have no idea what corporate is thinking.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We were told today that we are getting both good loads and dispatches,and if we can't make 9.5 it's our own damned fault,it's because we dont want to make 9.5.........and then the center manager got mad when everybody erupted in laughter

35years

Gravy route
Then you were the exception. The facts don't lie. Iowa had a great paid day...say anything you want about Rocky, but he wasn't a hypocrite. He believed that a controlled paid day for drivers would also result in positive results for the company.

Regarding you comment on this being a "temporary" initiative, I have no comment. I have no idea what corporate is thinking.
9.2 average paid day ...for a while.
Then it crept up 9.3, 9.4, 9.5+
Remember, a 9.5 avg paid means half of the drivers were over on a daily basis.
For some routes that was 9.5+ nearly every day.

9.3, 9.4 avg is not a great planned day. Especially considering 10 years prior 8.3 avg paid was the goal.

We all know the manipulations by now. The PCMs have already started shouting out how great the dispatch is...NOT. This last peak with the 68-70 hour work weeks was proof positive of what we can expect if real limits are not spelled out in next contract.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Iowa boy, you should know what "on time network" is if you worked in the Iowa district twenty years ago. Then District Manager Rocky R. was the father of the concept that the entire network works best if drivers are dispatched between 8 hours and 9.5 hours. He was so successful at reducing driver paid day and making all the cost & service numbers that he was promoted to the East Central and Southeast Region manager. It worked great and provided a balance between driver hours and service/cost. Unfortunately, he retired 7 years ago and this sounds like the first attempt to bring back a very successful program!
Be honest... YOU are Rocky R.