2 DWI's and driving for UPS

ERolling

Hey guys,

I have gotten a DWI when I was 22 and at the age of 24, I know I know. I am 26 years old now and my party days are past me...

Would I still be able to drive for UPS? Lets say, I have no tickets for 5-6 straight years would I still be able to drive?

ERolling

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In my state, a 2nd DUI within 10 years of the first gets you an automatic 5 year license suspension, so in your case the answer would be "no" since UPS wont hire anybody for a driving position that does not have a valid license.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your math doesn't add up. You say that you have had no tickets for 5-6 years, you are 26 yet your last DUI was 2 years ago with two within the past 5 years. As Sober said, I am afraid the answer would be "no".

Ghost in the Darkness

I think he was saying if he goes 5-6 years with no driving violations. I would say it would be tough for you to be hired as a driver. Don't you have to have an ignition lock breath tester on your vehicle when you are able to drive again?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When your part time seniority affords you the opportunity, and you have a clean driving record for one year, you will be eligible. I know of no contractual language prohibiting someone in your position from going into full-time package car driving. Pay no attention to the "Court of Public Opinion", although you did subject yourself, as UpState sits in judgement upon his self appointed pulpit with little knowledge of contractual fact. Keep yourself on the right side of your newly turned leaf and bide your time, and your opportunity will come.

MataLeão

Hey guys,

I have gotten a DWI when I was 22 and at the age of 24, I know I know. I am 26 years old now and my party days are past me...

Would I still be able to drive for UPS? Lets say, I have no tickets for 5-6 straight years would I still be able to drive?

ERolling

I have never understood an individual that will drive while intoxicated - young or old. But TWICE? You don't get to use the phrase, "I know, I know..."

I have never understood an individual that will drive while intoxicated - young or old. But TWICE? You don't get to use the phrase, "I know, I know..."
You are entitled to your opinion and I am also. I don't understand why anyone would castigate another person that has stated that they were wrong about something and knew the err of their ways. BTW, the " I konw, I know" is acceptable.

rod

Retired 22 years
Well if you can get drunk,run off a bridge and kill a young woman and still be a U. S. Senator I don't see any reason why you couldn't drive a brown truck.

UPSGUY72

UPs only checks your driving record for the past three three years. you can't have any moving violations in the past year and no more than 2 in the last three. So the anwser is yes you can still get a job driving aat UPS.

MataLeão

You are entitled to your opinion and I am also. I don't understand why anyone would castigate another person that has stated that they were wrong about something and knew the err of their ways. BTW, the " I konw, I know" is acceptable.

You read into the OP's post much more than the OP posted. Saying, "I know, I know" - "my party days are past me" doesn't indicate remorse.

Please do not be argumentative. There is no reason to defend his selfish acts where he was actively withdrawing his concern from other innocent people on the road. There IS a reason to defend his behavior though, if you yourself feel that drinking and driving is not too terribly wrong or have had brushes with something similar in the past. I am fully aware that I am more than likely stepping on many peoples toes by that remark - but it doesn't make it any less true.

dgr72vette is correct. He didn't do it twice, he was caught twice. No telling how many times this occurred during his 'party days'.

Everyone has a different view when it comes to ethics and principles. The generation the OP comes from had PLENTY of anti-drinking and driving pounded into their heads. Rightfully so.

If this is going to turn into a back and forth, I will refrain from commenting further. Please pardon me for thread-jacking. It was originally my fault. But my strong feelings on this subject merited a response to trplnkl.