2 hour meeting at my old station this morning about unions..

FedexExEmployee

One of my friends at Fredex, who is still stuck at that HELLHOLE for the meantime, told me a 2 hour meeting was taking place Friday morning (this morning).

They never have 2 hour meeting with the employees. He said the topic was.....unions!

Word is the Teamsters are really pushing to get in.

I'll find out the details later on and post it up....

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
One of my friends at Fredex, who is still stuck at that HELLHOLE for the meantime, told me a 2 hour meeting was taking place Friday morning (this morning).

They never have 2 hour meeting with the employees. He said the topic was.....unions!

Word is the Teamsters are really pushing to get in.

I'll find out the details later on and post it up....

Is this Express or Ground???

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Very interesting...and encouraging. The fact that the incredibly cheap FedEx management is willing to conduct a paid meeting to discuss the "evil" Teamsters is pretty amazing. I really feel that the next 2 years are going to see Fred falling on his sword as his pile of lies and bull**** collapse around him like a flimsy house of cards. First, the lawsuits, now the Teamsters, and pretty soon, the end of the RLA sweetheart deal that has kept FedEx organization efforts stymied for years. GO TEAMSTERS!!!

FedexExEmployee

Ok, they had the meeting.
Turns out it wasn't a strictly union-discussion meeting as I was told.
Unions were, however, briefly mentioned, with management stating the reasons why a union would not be good.
Of course, no mention of why it WOULD be good.

Most of the meeting was about.....what else.....how the couriers need to do better with on-road performance LOL

Boy, I reeeeeeeeally miss those meetings. :yawn:

Overpaid Union Thug

Ok, they had the meeting.
Turns out it wasn't a strictly union-discussion meeting as I was told.
Unions were, however, briefly mentioned, with management stating the reasons why a union would not be good.
Of course, no mention of why it WOULD be good.

Most of the meeting was about.....what else.....how the couriers need to do better with on-road performance LOL

Boy, I reeeeeeeeally miss those meetings. :yawn:

One thing I've always wondered is why it takes a FedEx Express driver so much longer to complete a stop than a UPS driver or even their RPS (AKA "FedEx Ground") brothers? Especially when it involves pickups. When I run into a FedEx driver I usually complete my stop before them even if they were there before me. And I walk each stop. Is it because of the technology? Maybe our DIADs are faster?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
An automated FedEx pickup(PowerShip) goes pretty fast, but anything with an airbill is slow and painful. I'm not that familiar with the DIAD but I suspect it is more user-friendly than the PowerPad. It would also be logical to assume that UPS has a more streamlined pickup process than FedEx.

FedexExEmployee

One thing I've always wondered is why it takes a FedEx Express driver so much longer to complete a stop than a UPS driver or even their RPS (AKA "FedEx Ground") brothers? Especially when it involves pickups. When I run into a FedEx driver I usually complete my stop before them even if they were there before me. And I walk each stop. Is it because of the technology? Maybe our DIADs are faster?

The reason is this: Fedex couriers are supposed to audit and process the package/envelopes at the pick-up location, as opposed to in their vehicle, as per Fedex "Best Practices"

Just another dumb-ass thing which the company believes will save millions. According to Fedex theory, that method may save a total of 5 seconds on each pick-up stop. Multiply that by the number of pick-ups for the day, multiplied by days in the week, etc etc.... LOL

SmithBarney

Depends on the stop, for resi's Driver release is just as fast as UPS, Sig required filling
out the door tag is easy as if the courier uses his printer, all he has to do it write a
couple things on it(which could be faster if they mimicked part of the infonotice.
Infonotices might be a tad quicker.

FedEx Airbills are slow no doubt about it, but the driver processing it, basically places a
complete routing on the "ASTRA" Label, which saves time in sorting/routing later on.

An automated FedEx pickup(PowerShip) goes pretty fast, but anything with an airbill is slow and painful. I'm not that familiar with the DIAD but I suspect it is more user-friendly than the PowerPad. It would also be logical to assume that UPS has a more streamlined pickup process than FedEx.

Having used both I would say that the PowerPad is more User-Friendly than the DIAD.
Its menu based, Touch screen for navigating. It contains a full database of all kinds of information from Delivery times, Customer Counter hours(around the country), to customs information for internationals. I also like the messaging feature(you can actually message other drivers)

I think one reason that UPS drivers get done quicker is because they have more work
I've done both, my urgency level at UPS was through the roof. At FedEx I'm able to actually
work at a resonable pace.