2 Important points that I feel should be in next contract

JustDeliverIt

Jokes aside, this forced sixth punch thing seriously needs to be addressed. I'll admit I heard of some centers doing it years before it hit ours and I wasn't concerned. It probably won't concern anyone here either until it hits the way it did mine. First Saturday the whole driving force was forced in, even 35 year circle of honor guys. 67 folks didn't show up, with some of them calling in sick like the business agent told us to do, and we still all got warning letters on Monday. Next week, suspension letters. Week after that, discharge letters.

Some of those guys are going to panel tomorrow so I'm curious to see how this turns out. But in any case, the company has shown again that they don't care in the slightest about our family, our personal lives, or even our well being. It's funny because in a PCM the center manager complained that we're having too many injuries lately. He asked, "what's changed". And someone said "forced 6 day workweek". It's a shame that it takes a contract to enforce this, but mandatory six day work weeks should not be allowed. The language about this needs to be clear, no loophole saying "unless the employer has exhausted all other options". Because they can easily claim that they have when it's not the case.

Unfortunately you can’t even give them the loophole of “exhausting all options”, who’s going to determine that? NMA needs definitive language, no forced 6th punch. 6th punch is at the sole discretion of employees across all job classifications. If they need more bodies, hire them.

TeltBender

No need for charging stations in the parking lot. Charge your car at your house. If you're requiring a charge each day to drive to work then you may be living too far from the center... It's not the company's responsibility to cover your poor choice of living too far away if that's what it is.
Could you give a reason not to? Any first world state in america will cover the cost of chargers via a rebate.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Unfortunately you can’t even give them the loophole of “exhausting all options”, who’s going to determine that? NMA needs definitive language, no forced 6th punch. 6th punch is at the sole discretion of employees across all job classifications. If they need more bodies, hire them.

It is so much easier and profitable to work a current member 60 hours a week even with the overtime rather than pay into a newer member's pension and health and welfare plans. The physical attrition rate on their bodies will pay a dividend when they get older, another savings when most will not be able to collect their full pension benefits.

Same principle applies to any part time position, it is much cheaper to maintain their pension and health and welfare benefits.
So when a part timer works close to a 40 hour work schedule it robs monetary contributions going into the mostly Union controlled Pension and Healthcare plans. Another savings for the Company is Vacations and Optional days..the Company only pays 20 hours a week for a part timer compared to 45 for a full timer, also their monetary contributions going into their pension and health and welfare plans are far lower than a full timers...

Right now with what is happening to our economy and the inflation rate hovering still around 8 percent these 22.4's and lower seniority members cannot afford to work just a 40 hour week, even our high seniority members have to count on their Overtime to pay their bills.

Remember that this last Contract was pre - COVID...before the economy went into the toilet...the GWI annual raises in the 2018 contract were a joke back then..Hence it being voted DOWN, but that is another story...

JustDeliverIt

It is so much easier and profitable to work a current member 60 hours a week even with the overtime rather than pay into a newer member's pension and health and welfare plans. The physical attrition rate on their bodies will pay a dividend when they get older, another savings when most will not be able to collect their full pension benefits.

Same principle applies to any part time position, it is much cheaper to maintain their pension and health and welfare benefits.
So when a part timer works close to a 40 hour work schedule it robs monetary contributions going into the mostly Union controlled Pension and Healthcare plans. Another savings for the Company is Vacations and Optional days..the Company only pays 20 hours a week for a part timer compared to 45 for a full timer, also their monetary contributions going into their pension and health and welfare plans are far lower than a full timers...

Right now with what is happening to our economy and the inflation rate hovering still around 8 percent these 22.4's and lower seniority members cannot afford to work just a 40 hour week, even our high seniority members have to count on their Overtime to pay their bills.

Remember that this last Contract was pre - COVID...before the economy went into the toilet...the GWI annual raises in the 2018 contract were a joke back then..Hence it being voted DOWN, but that is another story...

I completely agree, that was kind of my point. The only way to eliminate forced 6th punch is air tight language because it is more profitable for the company currently. They aren’t going to change it.

If this is a #1 issue for people, honestly I know it is for me personally, then the vote should reflect that u til the language we need is in there.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Precisely, that's what I said in my post. We cannot have the "exhausting all options" language because they are able to unfairly exploit it like they are now. No forced sixth punch, period. We're in agreement.