2 Important points that I feel should be in next contract

Brownwind

Jokes aside, this forced sixth punch thing seriously needs to be addressed. I'll admit I heard of some centers doing it years before it hit ours and I wasn't concerned. It probably won't concern anyone here either until it hits the way it did mine. First Saturday the whole driving force was forced in, even 35 year circle of honor guys. 67 folks didn't show up, with some of them calling in sick like the business agent told us to do, and we still all got warning letters on Monday. Next week, suspension letters. Week after that, discharge letters.

Some of those guys are going to panel tomorrow so I'm curious to see how this turns out. But in any case, the company has shown again that they don't care in the slightest about our family, our personal lives, or even our well being. It's funny because in a PCM the center manager complained that we're having too many injuries lately. He asked, "what's changed". And someone said "forced 6 day workweek". It's a shame that it takes a contract to enforce this, but mandatory six day work weeks should not be allowed. The language about this needs to be clear, no loophole saying "unless the employer has exhausted all other options". Because they can easily claim that they have when it's not the case.
Please let us know how the panel goes

Pullman Brown

I’ve said this before but I remember when locals all throughout the country were up in arms when they went to 70 hours. This is so much worse! Some of you guys have no idea! So what they are able to do it they shouldn’t be!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Jokes aside, this forced sixth punch thing seriously needs to be addressed. I'll admit I heard of some centers doing it years before it hit ours and I wasn't concerned. It probably won't concern anyone here either until it hits the way it did mine. First Saturday the whole driving force was forced in, even 35 year circle of honor guys. 67 folks didn't show up, with some of them calling in sick like the business agent told us to do, and we still all got warning letters on Monday. Next week, suspension letters. Week after that, discharge letters.

Some of those guys are going to panel tomorrow so I'm curious to see how this turns out. But in any case, the company has shown again that they don't care in the slightest about our family, our personal lives, or even our well being. It's funny because in a PCM the center manager complained that we're having too many injuries lately. He asked, "what's changed". And someone said "forced 6 day workweek". It's a shame that it takes a contract to enforce this, but mandatory six day work weeks should not be allowed. The language about this needs to be clear, no loophole saying "unless the employer has exhausted all other options". Because they can easily claim that they have when it's not the case.

I thought all you Bay Area drivers want all the overtime you can get

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
The crazy part is, when I showed up I saw about 10 M - friend drivers in there in addition to the 15-20 22.4s in the center. And I thought it was because of the stack of warning/discharge/suspension letters. But no, they just wanted some easy OT. Which made me think Saturdays must be really bad if they're still forcing folks with the amount of 22.4s and volunteers they're getting.

Myself, I could care less about the OT. I would never come in on a Saturday. But I can't take any chances losing my job. The shop stewards just keep saying "the discipline won't stick" and "you're playing into their hands". My response is, do something about this then! I shouldn't be getting any discipline mailed certified mail to my house if this isn't able to be enforced. There should be some mass grievance, but so far the only thing I've heard is that some drivers are going to panel. And that UPS will most likely fight it as long as they can until they know they'd lose. I'm just waiting for this loss to happen. Once it's demonstrated that all the letters mean nothing, only then will I feel safe to not come in.

The crazy part is, when I showed up I saw about 10 M - friend drivers in there in addition to the 15-20 22.4s in the center. And I thought it was because of the stack of warning/discharge/suspension letters. But no, they just wanted some easy OT. Which made me think Saturdays must be really bad if they're still forcing folks with the amount of 22.4s and volunteers they're getting.

Myself, I could care less about the OT. I would never come in on a Saturday. But I can't take any chances losing my job. The shop stewards just keep saying "the discipline won't stick" and "you're playing into their hands". My response is, do something about this then! I shouldn't be getting any discipline mailed certified mail to my house if this isn't able to be enforced. There should be some mass grievance, but so far the only thing I've heard is that some drivers are going to panel. And that UPS will most likely fight it as long as they can until they know they'd lose. I'm just waiting for this loss to happen. Once it's demonstrated that all the letters mean nothing, only then will I feel safe to not come in.
Both everyone had the balls come out on Saturday it would stop that crap

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Both everyone had the balls come out on Saturday it would stop that crap
We've been wanting to do that for awhile now. Everyone on that list show up and demand their 8 hours. They would be screwed.

The top of the list is not on board with it though. They'd rather keep getting the letters and trash them. Can't say I blame them. Still, so much for union.

1) Force Company to install charging stations in employee parking area
2) Market rates adjustments are permanent and become effective County wide both ft and pt
1. Forcing socks as a uniform = UPS pays for them. Everyone receives 10 pairs of UPS socks a year
2. Automatic 9.5 pay
3. Juneteenth and birthdays = paid day off
4. $10 immediate raise for all drivers and $1 raise each year of contract.
5. $2 raise for PT. .50c each year of contract.
6. 1 Extra 8 hour day request a month
7. Black Friday stays as holiday pay
8. Add more to pensions and keep benefits the same
9. 22.4 drivers stay as is, but must drive 10 days per month.
10. No more cameras in trucks

What we give up:
No more bonus for drivers. Everyone makes the same
Keeping 22.4 drivers
Sunday can now be a work day (if a center uses Sunday, drivers are allowed to work 4 10 hour days with OT as anything over 8)

542thruNthru

LMAO
Wow you're are generous soul aren't you. $10 automatically for driver and $2 for PTers.
First time I've seen someone put a must drive clause in 22.4. No raise, 9.5, 8 hour requests. Just kust drive 10 days a month....

Sunday can now be a work day.
I love how you think this is a "give up". Its here and just like Saturdays. You can bitch and moan all you want but it ain't going away.
(if a center uses Sunday, drivers are allowed to work 4 10 hour days with OT as anything over 8)
How is this a "Give up"? 4 tens with OT after 8 is a huge lose to the company.

Michael Scott

1. Forcing socks as a uniform = UPS pays for them. Everyone receives 10 pairs of UPS socks a year
2. Automatic 9.5 pay

What we give up:
Keeping 22.4 drivers
Sunday can now be a work day (if a center uses Sunday, drivers are allowed to work 4 10 hour days with OT as anything over 8)
I would vote yes for this. Although PT definitely deserves a bigger raise than $2. The starting pay is $15.50 where im at.

542thruNthru

2. Automatic 9.5 pay

What we give up:
Keeping 22.4 drivers

I would vote yes for this. Although PT definitely deserves a bigger raise than $2. The starting pay is $15.50 where im at.

Get ready PT and 22.4s. You're already being sold out. :)

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
It would be nice if they installed electric outlets so we can plug our block heaters on our lifted diesel trucks