2 Important points that I feel should be in next contract

You really think that's a possibility!?
7BbJ.gif

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Yes he does come off a little bit strong but he has managed to do one thing, that hasn't happened for a long time.

More members are engaged
I’ve been doing everything I can to organize the hub rats and any drivers I’ve come across. The meetings at our local have a different energy now that the old heads are out of the way. People are now actively searching me out and asking questions about the contract and negotiations.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Jokes aside, this forced sixth punch thing seriously needs to be addressed. I'll admit I heard of some centers doing it years before it hit ours and I wasn't concerned. It probably won't concern anyone here either until it hits the way it did mine. First Saturday the whole driving force was forced in, even 35 year circle of honor guys. 67 folks didn't show up, with some of them calling in sick like the business agent told us to do, and we still all got warning letters on Monday. Next week, suspension letters. Week after that, discharge letters.

Some of those guys are going to panel tomorrow so I'm curious to see how this turns out. But in any case, the company has shown again that they don't care in the slightest about our family, our personal lives, or even our well being. It's funny because in a PCM the center manager complained that we're having too many injuries lately. He asked, "what's changed". And someone said "forced 6 day workweek". It's a shame that it takes a contract to enforce this, but mandatory six day work weeks should not be allowed. The language about this needs to be clear, no loophole saying "unless the employer has exhausted all other options". Because they can easily claim that they have when it's not the case.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Jokes aside, this forced sixth punch thing seriously needs to be addressed. I'll admit I heard of some centers doing it years before it hit ours and I wasn't concerned. It probably won't concern anyone here either until it hits the way it did mine. First Saturday the whole driving force was forced in, even 35 year circle of honor guys. 67 folks didn't show up, with some of them calling in sick like the business agent told us to do, and we still all got warning letters on Monday. Next week, suspension letters. Week after that, discharge letters.

Some of those guys are going to panel tomorrow so I'm curious to see how this turns out. But in any case, the company has shown again that they don't care in the slightest about our family, our personal lives, or even our well being. It's funny because in a PCM the center manager complained that we're having too many injuries lately. He asked, "what's changed". And someone said "forced 6 day workweek". It's a shame that it takes a contract to enforce this, but mandatory six day work weeks should not be allowed. The language about this needs to be clear, no loophole saying "unless the employer has exhausted all other options". Because they can easily claim that they have when it's not the case.
Great post. Would be nice to see injury and crash frequency reports between centers with forced sixth punch vs. centers that utilize utility/cover drivers on Saturday.

542thruNthru

I've yet to hear of anyone being fired for 6th day punch.

Pullman Brown

I know drivers who have been on that sixth force list for 5 years. Forget the local dealing with it it needs to be in the NMA!