2 trips & ORION

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why use two Diads when you can have ORiON account for your return to building and reconfigure based on your second half? If you use two Diads and don't have a return to building how are those miles accounted for in the solution?

The OP said that his first trip consists of two bulk stops. Orion would be a waste of time for that.

J

Jerry Gallo

I double trip almost daily. Dispatcher can put a "return to building" in your ORION plan. He/she can slide it around to accurately reflect when your returning for your second half.
Interesting. If I get out of the building on time (which has been better since we started using ORION), this might work. If I don't, that's when I have to message in to get air off my PC 'cause I won't be able to deliver it by 10:30 & the day is shot. Another variable that screws things up on my route is a noon SADR at GameStop. If I could only have this & ditch the air, it might work, otherwise, it'll be hello clusterf--- USA. I know I can get it under the miles the way I run it, but I doubt they'll let me do it. Gotta have the trace ya know. Oh well, we shall see. Not gonna sweat too much over it. I appreciate the suggestions & input.

mdnj88

The latest and greatest in my center is "combo routes" instead of completely cutting 1 route they give you two different diads, you go out in first car with Diad one, come back and get route number 2 with Diad number 2. Orion is on for both routes. Then I think the oms merges the boards at night to make it look like 1 route.

barnyard

KTM rider
As a rule, the closer I follow Orion, the more over miles I am. Most of the time I beat Orion miles easily.

We have 2 guys that double trip. Their 1st trip is 1 route and their 2nd trip is another route, each with their own leave building times.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My route starts with a straight truck delivering 2 bulk stops, then comes back to to center to deliver & pickup in a P700 all day. I haven't had my O ride yet, 'cause they say they're having difficulty finding a solution for this 2 trip variable. Just curious if anyone else on the forum has had to deal with something similar, & if so, how your mgmt. team is going about solving it? Thanks.
You misspelled your username. It's Callo with a C!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My route starts with a straight truck delivering 2 bulk stops, then comes back to to center to deliver & pickup in a P700 all day. I haven't had my O ride yet, 'cause they say they're having difficulty finding a solution for this 2 trip variable. Just curious if anyone else on the forum has had to deal with something similar, & if so, how your mgmt. team is going about solving it? Thanks.
it will all be figured in to your day, no worries, LOL

PrimeUPS

Interesting. If I get out of the building on time (which has been better since we started using ORION), this might work. If I don't, that's when I have to message in to get air off my PC 'cause I won't be able to deliver it by 10:30 & the day is shot. Another variable that screws things up on my route is a noon SADR at GameStop. If I could only have this & ditch the air, it might work, otherwise, it'll be hello clusterf--- USA. I know I can get it under the miles the way I run it, but I doubt they'll let me do it. Gotta have the trace ya know. Oh well, we shall see. Not gonna sweat too much over it. I appreciate the suggestions & input.

When your center upgrades package flow technology this shouldn't be an issue, the dispatching systems are integrated with ORION and ODS; they all play nicer together. The entire center team should be trained and COULD take a route(s), with SADRs, including pickups and get an appropriate ORION solution, regardless if you're using the same vehicle, picking up another, using a TP60, or meeting another driver on area.

Dr.Brownz

Orion will probably have you deliver half of one bulk stop, rerurn to building get the other truck run air and then return and finish the bulk then return and deliver all the resis in the other truck as you make a loop back to the center to get the other truck and then drive around the block and then finnaly switch trucks to run off 40commercial stops after 4

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
When your center upgrades package flow technology this shouldn't be an issue, the dispatching systems are integrated with ORION and ODS; they all play nicer together. The entire center team should be trained and COULD take a route(s), with SADRs, including pickups and get an appropriate ORION solution, regardless if you're using the same vehicle, picking up another, using a TP60, or meeting another driver on area.
Yup, and drivers dont pee in bottles .....