2 wage scales

zeev

The problem is not starting pay but the lack of progression to top out. This why many new RTD drivers leave to better jobs.
Thank you the step progression is gone today tomorrow and forever FedEx has the earnings they just had and said screw the employees than it is done but count on them to say raises are just around the corner.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What about a grown man that lies about winning the lottery so they could retire and then making up a new handle to come back to BC instead of just using their original handle?
Be gentle.

Poor OF’s wife came home saying “pack your bags honey, I won the lottery!”
Poor OF asked her excitedly “ where are we going?”
Poor OF’s wife replied “who said WE?”

Aquaman

The problem is not starting pay but the lack of progression to top out. This why many new RTD drivers leave to better jobs.
Yep. I’m an RTD and after a year you can 100% make more money somewhere else. They trap us by making the job literally the easiest job on the face of the earth.

Aquaman

Thank you the step progression is gone today tomorrow and forever FedEx has the earnings they just had and said screw the employees than it is done but count on them to say raises are just around the corner.
They knew the “be happy you have a job” crew would offset some of the rage. It really shouldn’t even be a topic anymore. They’ve consistently shown they could not care less about people stuck in the middle.

falcon back

Yep. I’m an RTD and after a year you can 100% make more money somewhere else. They trap us by making the job literally the easiest job on the face of the earth.
The amount of effort required to do a job is usually connected to the pay involved. Go work at most any truck line and enjoy the 100% touch freight that isn't loaded on a pallet. enjoy waiting on your appointment before you get loaded or unloaded. Enjoy the nice road trips, time away from home and maybe a few more $,

MAKAVELI

The amount of effort required to do a job is usually connected to the pay involved. Go work at most any truck line and enjoy the 100% touch freight that isn't loaded on a pallet. enjoy waiting on your appointment before you get loaded or unloaded. Enjoy the nice road trips, time away from home and maybe a few more $,
There really is no way to justify a class A or B driver with no wage progression. That's just shameful.

falcon back

There really is no way to justify a class A or B driver with no wage progression. That's just shameful.
Let them go take all the wonderful jobs I see people talking about. It does suck not getting the 10 step but going to XYZ company because they promise more money and you drive tired tractors pulling ragged trailers and have to manhandle your load at each stop will make you appreciate making a little less money while driving fairly new tractors and using forklifts and pallet jacks to unload. There is a tradeoff

Aquaman

Let them go take all the wonderful jobs I see people talking about. It does suck not getting the 10 step but going to XYZ company because they promise more money and you drive tired tractors pulling ragged trailers and have to manhandle your load at each stop will make you appreciate making a little less money while driving fairly new tractors and using forklifts and pallet jacks to unload. There is a tradeoff
Express is great because they train you VERY well, and they pay you driver wage during the process. Not to mention the work you do as a new tractor trailer driver is low stress. But after you get your license, if you’re a young employee with low seniority, it only takes a couple years of $19.50/hr before you realize top of range isn’t gonna happen. You start to look around. Plus we cover 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts as cover drivers and we get paid the same as courier swing drivers who only cover 2 shifts and don’t need a CDL. So it doesn’t take long to realize this might be the best place in all of trucking to get your license. But it’s far from the best place to stay.

zeev

UPS has been taking are RTDs at a rapid rate full time immediately no over night also I’m sure the teamsters are encouraging it at UPS.

vantexan

So true! I see truck drivers nationwide standing in line to get into FedEx and take a pay cut! No one else in the country has no touch freight! No other company invests in new rigs and trailers!

zeev

So true! I see truck drivers nationwide standing in line to get into FedEx and take a pay cut! No one else in the country has no touch freight! No other company invests in new rigs and trailers!
Express freight touches more freight than most and not including pushing. Cans most trucking firms run new trucks nowadays.

vantexan

Express freight touches more freight than most and not including pushing. Cans most trucking firms run new trucks nowadays.
The funny thing is Oldfart used to tell people over and over if they don't like the company then just leave. Not getting paid enough? Leave.

falcon back

You have 1 RTD posting that Express RTD is the easiest job in the world and another posting that Express touches more freight than most truck lines. I wonder which is true?