2 wage scales

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yep. I’m an RTD and after a year you can 100% make more money somewhere else. They trap us by making the job literally the easiest job on the face of the earth.

You aren't trapped. You'd rather keep an easy job for less money. Money isn't an issue.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Plus we cover 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts as cover drivers and we get paid the same as courier swing drivers who only cover 2 shifts and don’t need a CDL.

Even worse, some RTDs even have to get out of their cab as the cans are unloaded at the stations! Why, I once saw an RTD who went so far as to raise and lower the lift on the caster deck!

Serf

The perk is all CDL jobs require experience. Fedex will take a Handler and train him straight up. Unheard of in the trucking biz.

falcon back

Not much of that goes through our system to warrant every swing to have a HAZ endorsement, much less a courier.
Better stick to what you know. This isnt one of them. How do you know what swing is gonna run a rt that has a Radioactive 3? We have several stops that get them regularly but I guess since you think you know it all, you were aware of that. We see an occasional Dangerous When Wet as well. Might want to get a 5th grader to read you the DOT regulations.

MAKAVELI

Better stick to what you know. This isnt one of them. How do you know what swing is gonna run a rt that has a Radioactive 3? We have several stops that get them regularly but I guess since you think you know it all, you were aware of that. We see an occasional Dangerous When Wet as well. Might want to get a 5th grader to read you the DOT regulations.
Cool story bro.

falcon back

Majority of routes never even see a III bar or dangerous when wet. Ttku, son
The rts that do see those need a CDL and all swings in our station are required to have one because you never know what swing will be on what rt. How bout sticking to whatever it is you think you can do. TTKU little fella

Last edited:

DeliveryException

And our station does not require all swings to have Haz endorsement/CDL. Only 1 or 2 in each workgroup. Plus those are mostly class c cdl so it's basically just for the endorsement not driving bigger trucks. If a Haz package that requires placard shows up they just move swings around to take care of it.